View Poll Results: My Best BB/100 for 1k Hands
10.1 or higher 53 81.54%
4.1 - 7.0 2 3.08%
7.1 - 10.0 9 13.85%
2.0 - 4.0 1 1.54%
0.1 - 1.9 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-20-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Who should be sided with in this fantasy football situation?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are too lazy or busy to make changes when an owner calls you to make them then you have no business being commissioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get paid to run the league...I don't get a free entry fee or extra juice on the payouts. My buddies wanted a league to be started, I have the most online savvy and know the most about football and so I have administered the league.

I am not of the opinion that doing the work of other team owners is part of the job of the commissioner. It isn't that I'm too busy...and it's certainly not because I'm lazy (having a late sleeping schedule is not indicative of laziness). I run the draft, I've collected the money, I will payout the money, I have mediated any decisions that have required my attention, all with fairness and promptness...why does being commish put me on the hook for changing your lineup when you have not been responsible enough to properly manage your own team?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd better hope you don't have an internet outage 5 minutes before kickoff when you find out your star player's "gametime decision" just went the opposite way from what you expected...
Old 12-20-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this is the first such incident all year, and there's no stated rule, then I can maybe see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This league is in its second year and somthing like this has never come up before.

[/ QUOTE ]

So no one has ever called the commish to make a roster change?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this is the first such incident all year, and there's no stated rule, then I can maybe see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This league is in its second year and somthing like this has never come up before.

[/ QUOTE ]

So no one has ever called the commish to make a roster change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I know of. If they had it was fixed before games started so it didnt cause a known problem.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:05 PM

It's A, it's not close, and anyone who picks B obviously hasn't had this happen to them or seen what it can do to a league or friendships.

Only way I can see a compromise here is if you have the guys replay the game the next week ... but that might not work in this specific situation.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:51 PM

Option A, as long their words' are good. Though, the commissioner should've posted something on the league message board or they both should've called a 3rd party to verify these pending changes.

There are a couple of guys in my league I don't totally trust, but I'm commissioner, so I can stop any shady crap before it happens.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:53 PM

There were games Saturday, A should have had his lineup set already (come on, it's the playoffs, pay attention.) A gave his commish less than 2 hours notice, I say tough [censored]. That is why you set your lineup at the beginning of the week and keep yourself updated as the week progresses (serious owners do this on a daily basis.)

Let us put the shoe on the other foot, if the two players he wanted to sub actually scored LESS, and then the commish finds out about this message, what do you think A would say then?
Old 12-22-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There were games Saturday, A should have had his lineup set already (come on, it's the playoffs, pay attention.) A gave his commish less than 2 hours notice, I say tough [censored]. That is why you set your lineup at the beginning of the week and keep yourself updated as the week progresses (serious owners do this on a daily basis.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not someone is a serious FFer or a casual FFer doesn't matter. Right is right and wrong is wrong, and you can't penalize someone because, "Well, he should have had it in way before deadline anyway, so [censored] 'im."

Well, you can. But you'll have a tough time keeping a league together if you're that much of a dick as commish.

[ QUOTE ]
Let us put the shoe on the other foot, if the two players he wanted to sub actually scored LESS, and then the commish finds out about this message, what do you think A would say then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares?

He notified the commish before kickoff of games involving his players to make a lineup change due to lack of computer access. His intentions and the time of his message are verifiable.

This decision is not affected by whether money is on the line, when in the week the call was made (as long as it was before kickoff) or what points were scored by the players he was subbing.

The only factor here is whether this league considers it legitimate to contact the commish to make roster changes for a player. If each player is required to arrange for changes to be made on his own before gametime, then his call was nothing more than a friend trying to get a friend to help him out in time and failing to get through - Person B wins. If the commish is a legitimate person to report intended changes to (instead of inputting them yourself, or getting someone to do it for you), then Person A wins.

Every league I've ever played in would view it as Person A winning.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether or not someone is a serious FFer or a casual FFer doesn't matter. Right is right and wrong is wrong, and you can't penalize someone because, "Well, he should have had it in way before deadline anyway, so [censored] 'im."

Well, you can. But you'll have a tough time keeping a league together if you're that much of a dick as commish.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares?

He notified the commish before kickoff of games involving his players to make a lineup change due to lack of computer access. His intentions and the time of his message are verifiable.

This decision is not affected by whether money is on the line, when in the week the call was made (as long as it was before kickoff) or what points were scored by the players he was subbing.

The only factor here is whether this league considers it legitimate to contact the commish to make roster changes for a player. If each player is required to arrange for changes to be made on his own before gametime, then his call was nothing more than a friend trying to get a friend to help him out in time and failing to get through - Person B wins. If the commish is a legitimate person to report intended changes to (instead of inputting them yourself, or getting someone to do it for you), then Person A wins.

Every league I've ever played in would view it as Person A winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Player A should win if the Commissioner would think to go change the lineups afterwards even if it caused Player A to lose, but that seems like such a remote chance that I doubt it would happen. You are absolutely correct that these things should be established beforehand - if they weren't I think you need to leave things as is. I just think most commissioners wouldn't even think to go back and change them(because player B would never know) if they caused Player A to lose because of the headaches --- unless it was clearly established beforehand.
-James