Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: current Borgata Poker rate

Not another thing that is noce at the Borg is that you and anyone else you want can use comps to pay for the room, I reccently stayed two week nights and payed just $2.58 total for the room.

Also, I highly recommend the buffet, the price drops to like $14 after 9:30, totally worth it.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:30 AM

[censored], that'd be awesome. I wonder if the higher rates go into effect in July? Or just later in June?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been checking lately, and august is the most expensive month in AC, so I'm sure these rates will be in effect then, and I'd guess July too.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I reccently stayed two week nights and payed just $2.58 total for the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be hella gamboool. As in -EV. As in lots of brackjack, craps, and the like. Still, even with just poker you can rack up $15 a day or so, sometimes more, in comps so the room rates are not as high as they seem.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i booked the july 4th week (sun.-Thurs.)got it for $39 a night(about $50 with everything). i booked about 3 weeks ago. didnt say anything about a rate hike.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to say good job, you go the weekend for $39/night during the 4th of July weekend? I'm interested because I play there when I go. Do you also play table games which account for them giving you this rate?
Old 06-22-2005, 03:54 PM

We used the comps of myself and a friend from the poker room only for the $2.58 stay, we both played a ton, mostly 1-2 and 2-5 NL, 2-5 comps higher I believe.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Weeknight: play 8 hrs, get room for 40+tax+occupancy fee = about 50 total.

Weekend comes to like 140 total.

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, I just booked one for a Saturday night in July and was told the rate was $150.

[/ QUOTE ]

I booked Sat July 23 last week (I friday June 17'th) and got it for $125.

Call those guys back and tell them so. I hope that I am not getting screwed here and that the operator didnt give me the wrong price.

Greg
Old 06-22-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i booked the july 4th week (sun.-Thurs.)got it for $39 a night(about $50 with everything). i booked about 3 weeks ago. didnt say anything about a rate hike.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like to say good job, you go the weekend for $39/night during the 4th of July weekend? I'm interested because I play there when I go. Do you also play table games which account for them giving you this rate?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, my wife and i only play cards. we go about twice a month.always $39.00 weekday rate. mon.-thurs. and use comp dollars toward the room, which usually pay for 1 or 2 nights of it. we did book the room fairly early so it wouldnt be a problem. i usually book a month in advance. i NEVER call a week before.most of the time they wont have any rooms at the rate.