Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: about getting 80K tax free

[ QUOTE ]

If you wanted to move to Switzerland, and could get them to let you in, you wouldn't need to pay taxes on internet poker profits. Technically, the law there says that you should voluntarily pay them, but it also says that avoiding them is legal, and it probably wouldn't be very hard.

I'm sure there are other countries like this, but Switzerland is the famous example, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of European countries doesn't tax gambling winnings. As I understand it the problem is that he would still have to pay US taxes on his profits, and I don't see how moving to Switzerland would change that.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lots of European countries doesn't tax gambling winnings. As I understand it the problem is that he would still have to pay US taxes on his profits, and I don't see how moving to Switzerland would change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was responding to the $80000/330 day part. As for other European countries not taxing gambling, I didn't know that, so forget I mentioned Switzerland. I mostly mentioned it because I've always gotten a kick out of the fact that the law in Switzerland says that you should pay taxes, but it's not illegal to evade them.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
State taxes are quite high in some states(like mine, California),

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen. That's why everyone serving in the Military quickly becomes a resident of Florida or Texas.

-Ryan
Floridian since 2002