Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Red Sox fans are now just as bad as Yankee fans.

[ QUOTE ]
to say the AL East is the weakest division is totally ludicrous. NL west anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I clearly said sans NL west. I have to imagine you don't know what sans means or didn't read what I wrote in the first place.

I won't argue the point anymore but the once mighty east is weak this year. Like you said the starting staffs have been battered with injury. That makes them weak by definition. And yeah, the team from the east will probably get favored. Just because the betting public is a bunch of slobbering morons without a clue just means more opportunity for those that understand what the real lines should be.

Looking at inter-divisional records it sort of a vicious circle: Central>East>West>Central. I just don't think the east looks all that great primarily for there weak-ass wounded pitching staffs with the non-existant bullpens.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:24 AM

The Red Sox are .656 outside of their "weak" division -- good for the best in baseball. Even the Yankees are winning at .588 outside of the east. The White Sox, by comparison, are winning at a .574 clip outside of the central . . .
Old 08-06-2005, 01:53 PM

I don't follow the AL - who is Big Papi? I would guess Ortiz.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:45 PM

haha. this is a funny post.

what is with all the red sox bashing. the least you haters could do is formulate decent evidence as to why you don't like them as opposed to the crap you guys seem to be pulling out of thin air. Yeah, hate the Red Sox fans because you hate Tim Wakefield who is only one of the more respected people in baseball. Excellent job nimrod.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:41 AM

as an indians fan, i feel your pain....no wait, i feel it even more than you do. there is no feeling in life like thinking that your team which has been so bad for the duration of your entire life is finally gonna win it, only to see jose mesa blow it in the 9th inning of game 7 of the world series. your team is having a great year, and if my beloved tribe cant pull it off this year, then i would love to see the white sox win it all.

ps. this comment.....

[ QUOTE ]
Curt Schilling: being the 10th best right handed starter of your generation doesn't make you the Jesus Christ of baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

is so way off that it is sick. with the exception of clemens, there has been no one better in the last ten years (pedro only has one ring.)