Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Thus far I like...

[ QUOTE ]
If you use the "Are you single?" line, and she says "no". Then your follow up question should be "Do you cheat?"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is gold!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Opening Lines for Chicks @ Coffee Shops

My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:10 PM

Great episode. This is the one where he gets the job with the Yanks, right?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome.

blake
Old 11-15-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ralph Wiggum's line to Lisa still rates as an all time smooth classic:

Ralph: So, do you like...stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine told us to watch as he tried this one on various girls for our amusement. Most of the girls didn't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for him, and in general looked really confused. It actually got a conversation going a couple of times though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your friend. He's got balls and a sense of humor. I don't think I could go through setting myself up for that kind of punishment, though I bet I would be dying of laughter half the time.

It would be funny as hell to see his delivery -- if he could do as cool as studmeister Ralphy. This would actually make a terrific net video or magazine show segment.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I often opened to girls in bars and stuff with 'you look interesting, can I talk to you for a bit?'

[/ QUOTE ]
Mmm... I don't know about that one... it gives away a ton of personal power and basically communicates that I'm a wuss / pushover, which I'm not. Good suggestions otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never had a 'no' at this point, it's complimentary without addressing appearance (which is the usual guy thing and something lots of women have built immunity to). And it's very, very quickly forgotten once the talking starts, as it's quite neutral.

So unless American women are very different from English women, I'd be very surprised this isn't a good opener for you.

We need Dom or women to give a proper view on this...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is bad at all. I think women are just as happy to get the preliminaries out of the way so you can just talk as you are. Whatever gets through the awkwardness of meeting a stranger quick is cool. I've found women seem to like just relating to them without any hype quite a bit, so if you start off on that ground already, it's often very successful. You will actually stand out from a lot of guys if you make an intro a low-pressure thing. It shows confidence that many guys don't have, doesn't seem phoney, and doesn't get you as dangerously close to the land of begging, bullcrap, and loserdom as trying to flatter them right off the bat does. Women like men who know how to speak to women, so if you just do it instead of filtering it through some self-protective or self-deceptive mechanical or hopped up "guy" schtick, you walk in a door that makes you more interesting automatically. Girls can have any guy kiss their ass or bullshi_ them, but not as many guys just come up and have a cool enough conversation with them and make them feel comfortable right away. Being a real person can really cleanly separate you out from the pack sometimes.

This is actually one of the reasons women like assholes so much too. An [censored] just is who he is and says what he wants. Anyone can relate, even if they hate his guts. And women can relate to a clean break from the bullcrap, too. Even if it's from a regular dude or Mr. Nice Guy.

Once you start weirding yourself out or holding them up as something strange or special, you give the both of you something strange and uncomfortable to work through, and it's no fun for them. (Or you.) And you fall into the Just Another Guy pile, which is very closely related to the Rejects pile.

Sometimes being yourself isn't going to work, but at heart, most people with their heads screwed on straight can relate to a regular old normal person pretty well, at least well enough to give you your fair shot. Even if you don't get anywhere romantically just by being straight out real with someone, you've given yourself the best chance by starting on a normal level, and the both of you can still remain unweirded out pretty easily even if there are some stumbles or a rejection. And women can be surprisingly grateful for someone just talking to them like a human being instead of polishing their moves, shooting their angles, doing the same old predictable flattery, etc. Everybody likes to be put at ease in social situations; if you can be the guy that makes them feel more at ease rather than less, you're automatically different and nicer to be around than a hell of a lot of other guys, many of them much richer, or smarter, or funnier, or better looking than you.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why, you're its all time bestseller!?!?!?!

couldn't resist.

oh, and for two all-time corny lines that work if you wanna pull off the "cute-goofy" thing (I only do this with relationship prospects, not one-night standers) you can drop a sugar packet in front of her ...make sure it says sugar on it... and tell her she dropped her nametag.

honestly its corny as [censored], but it at least makes em laugh every time. not to mention they'll probably tell their friends about it, and remember it for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oof, I think my balls just shriveled down a size reading that.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was saying i didn't write her number down...that would be creepy. but i should have because it would have been funny

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually did something like this once, although be forewarned that my story has a disappointing ending. I was riding the subway to work one morning, and some guy struck up a converation with this girl. The girl seemed pretty uninterested, and at the end of it, as the train reached her stop, the guy asked for her number. She gave him a number, and I was absolutely convinced it was fake, so I made a point to remember it and called it later that morning, just to see.

It was her real number. I got her answering machine, though, so no awkward conversation. In retrospect, leaving a message would've been funny.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretending to be the other guy and leaving a completely psycho message would have been all time [censored] gold here.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:59 PM

"Hey you want to go out and grab a few drinks at the bar? This coffee shop is lame."
Old 11-15-2005, 04:00 PM

Ill be your huckleberry