Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 10:23 PM

Default The state of Party Poker 3/6

I've been away from internet poker for a few weeks. Right before I left, Party just added shorthanded 3/6 tables. I normally played 3/6 full, so I gave the shorthanded ones a few tries, but not enough to get a good feel for them.

The general consensus here at the time, if I remember correctly, seemed to be that the full 3/6 games were going to go way downhill, filled with rock-like multitablers, and all the fishy players would be at the shorthanded tables creating major variance. Has it played out this way? Are the full 3/6 tables worse than they used to be, or about the same as before the shorthanded tables came along?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Re: The state of Party Poker 3/6

Man, this is sad. I guess the games got so bad that everyone here stopped playing them and is therefore unable to comment on the current state of Party 3/6...
Old 07-25-2005, 09:50 AM

My problem with 3/6 sh tables, is that the blind structure 1-3 favours tight play and therefore is basically incompatible with the type of play in a sh game... Also due to the popularity of the 5/10 6max i can't really see any point in playing these tables, 5/10 gives you 1 of the best sh games online and its a sensible blind structure for the type of play...

My 2pence
Old 07-25-2005, 09:54 AM

Thanks for the reply! Just to clarify for others who may reply, I'm mainly interested in if the 3/6 *full* tables have changed significantly since they added the SH tables.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been away from internet poker for a few weeks. Right before I left, Party just added shorthanded 3/6 tables. I normally played 3/6 full, so I gave the shorthanded ones a few tries, but not enough to get a good feel for them.

The general consensus here at the time, if I remember correctly, seemed to be that the full 3/6 games were going to go way downhill, filled with rock-like multitablers, and all the fishy players would be at the shorthanded tables creating major variance. Has it played out this way? Are the full 3/6 tables worse than they used to be, or about the same as before the shorthanded tables came along?

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems that the sky hasn't fallen yet. They seem plenty soft to me and a little more on the weak-tightish side than usual.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:49 AM

I'm not super qualified to answer this, since I never played the 3/6 before SH tables were added, but after 25k hands of 2 tabling 2/4 (at +2.25/100), I have recently started playing 1 of each 2/4 & 3/6. During this time, Im continuing to kill the 2/4, but over 6k hands Im -1.15/100 at 3/6. Perhaps I am merely running suuuuuuuuuper cold, but the 3/6 definately seems harder than the 2/4 to me at least. Fewer players to the flop, more PFRing & the idiots are agressive idiots, as opposed to typical 2/4 passive idiots. Agressive idiots are more dangerous than passive ones.

JVS
Old 07-25-2005, 12:06 PM

I don't play the 3/6 so I can't comment, but seriously, practice good table selection and go play the game and find out how it is.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:48 PM

Yes, I agree that 3/6 full is not as juicy as it once was, pre-SH. However, you can still usually find a good 3/6 BBJ table or two on Party, especially during peak hours.

However, it does seem like 5/10 Full has gotten better since the 3/6 SH tables, which is awesome.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:39 PM

3/6 full is pretty awful in comparison to what it used to be. The full ring fish are down in 2/4 or up in 5/10 now.

3/6 short is an idiotic game with a bad blind structure. Quite beatable if you can handle swings.

~ Tilts