Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Blind Defense Gone Wild!

Did I go too far with this, or was I reasonable? Just sat down at the table and I have no reads on anyone yet.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:39 PM

Default Re: Blind Defense Gone Wild!

I would probably just call the turn raise.

Villain's "wait until the turn to raise" line does represent top pair or better. That doesn't mean he necessarily has a hand that good, but he very often will.

Given that he also capped preflop in this hand, the chances that he has a big hand on the turn go up.

I'm not sure I like the flop lead, actually. I doubt Villain will fold anything he capped with preflop, and he's unlikely to take a free card either (unless he has JJ or something and decides to get tricky).

I don't know. I guess he might raise with a worse hand, but a good portion of the time you'll just be charging yourself extra to draw here, I think.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:41 PM

Preflop is good. I don't know about leading the flop. You're ahead of AK, AQ, maybe 99 88. I think I like leading better than checkraising but I may even check call. You have a few options there. Once you lead the turn and he raises, you are almost always behind. Don't three bet. I hope you hit your spade.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:57 PM

I don't mind the flop lead. A checkraise does nothing. A check-call, planning to lead any turn card (and often folding to a raise) may be the strongest line.

Your turn 3-bet is spewing - Button's raise means you're behind, and since you have a nut draw you should take it cheaply. A 3-bet does nothing but donate.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:02 AM

I think he didn't include the river action because he sucked out g00t. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, I don't know understand leading the flop into a PF capper, or turn 3bet. PF cap, smooth call flop, turn blank raise doesn't seem at all like he has you beaten here?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:03 AM

Your hand has improved greatly on the turn and added alot of outs to your hand. That being said, I don't think you have the best hand hear. Charging yourself when you are being and are heads up is -EV IMHO.