Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 07:24 AM

Default Stars $10 Rebuy Final - Table Hand

Sorry this is from memory and may not be 100% accurate.

Blinds 30k/15k, Antes $1k.

Avg stack $550k

Whole table is playing pretty tag. Post-flop play is non-existent with every pot being won by either a pre-flop raise or re-raise.

Hero is late position with $500k, and has played 1 hand at the final table (about 3 rounds) pushing all-in pre-flop after a raise and re-raise with AK (called by AK - split pot)

Villan is 2nd chip leader with $1.2m, appears one of the more aggressive players on the table, although by no means loose. Hasn't shown down a hand & hasn't been on same table as hero until final table.

Action

Folded to Villan in MP who raises to $120k...Folded to Hero in cut-off holding 88.

What's the play push or fold?
Old 12-15-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Stars $10 Rebuy Final - Table Hand

I'd push. You'll either take it down there and then, find yourself dominated by an over pair, or you'll be racing for a healthy looking amount of chips. On balance the good out weighs the bad, probably. As they are chip leader they are likely to be raising with poorer hands than the rest of the table if everyone is playing reasonably tight. I'm asuming the payout drop off for 4th place and below.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 AM

Push it
Old 12-15-2005, 10:48 AM

Cool - I thought this was the case, but don't have too much MTT experience...so thought I would just check it isn't a donk move.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:54 AM

it's pretty close. villain is getting close to 2:1 so i think you're going to get called by a lot of AT/KJ hands. but i guess you're also getting called by a lot of small pairs, so it's not too bad. i think pushing is a tiny bit better but they're about equal.