Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Official Cyrus vs. MMMMMM Israel/Arabs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
i don't get it. the title of the thread and the OP led me to believe that there will be genuine discussion. i feel very strongly on the issue. nothing said here has made any sense yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Threads have a way of meandering off topic. Address the OP questions yourself and steer it back.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Official Cyrus vs. MMMMMM Israel/Arabs Thread

[ QUOTE ]

Threads have a way of meandering off topic. Address the OP questions yourself and steer it back.

[/ QUOTE ]

wish i could

[ QUOTE ]

I would like to propose the following questions to be debated by the 2 parties:

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-24-2005, 10:08 PM

Default The merciless early morning light

[ QUOTE ]
When I forced Cyrus to confront the errors in his analysis, instead of graciously acknowledging the flaws in his reasoning he began spinning furiously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the positions which you supported in this thread. Let the light shine on 'em :

- Iran is neighbor to Israel.

- A military threat is the same as a terrorist threat.

- State sponsored terrorism is a military threat.
(A variant of the main theme...)

- Iran poses a significant military threat to Israel.

And one lovely Yogi-Bearism from Zipo, truly original:

- Asymmetrical warfare is warfare!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

...Tell me, which is your personal favorite? Mine is the neighbor thingy, where Iran is neighbor to Israel. Gives me acid flashback where Tajikistan is neighbor to Paraguay and everybody is neighbor to everybody else! Oh man.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: MMMMMM weighs in (he does, look!)

[ QUOTE ]
Cyrus, I just want to commend you on your rhetorical techniques. Defining the terms as you see fit to justify your predetermined conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanted to commend you again. Plus add that stating something is not something it is known to be is the greatest technique of all.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:11 AM

bonjour MMMMMM

Your comment regarding Hezbullah
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not talking about their current threat level to the USA, but rather their *potential* for serious threat to the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first paragraph of the article you linked:
[ QUOTE ]
Terrorism investigators and analysts say Hezbollah could attack U.S. interests at home and abroad if the Bush administration were to take on Iran, the group's chief benefactor, or Syria, its supply pipeline between Lebanon and Tehran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see what the Bush administration should not do?

If attacked, the *potential* for serious threat will come from the group being attacked (what ever that group). For some reason people dont like to be taken on, attacked, occupied, ruled by foreign entities. Go figure.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:34 AM

Default Talk lauder

Are you seriously accusing me of the following ?[ QUOTE ]
Defining the terms as you see fit to justify your predetermined conclusions.
Stating something is not something it is known to be is the greatest technique of all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a thread started by YOU about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict. To your original post's questions, I responded item by item!

Zipo hijacked the thread by posting a few standard (and irrelevant to your query) inanities of the fanatical pro-Zionist lobby. I tried to address 'em as best as I could.

Unfortunately, onto the irrelevancy was added absurdity. To wit : "Iran is neighbor to Israel"; "Iran threatens Israel militarily"; etc. I cannot help it if Zipo sees the world this way.

Still, it's nice to be appreciated, even if for all the wrong reasons! [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prior to 9/11, Hezbollah had killed more Americans than had any other terrorist organization.

[/ QUOTE ] all but a couple in the marine barrack bombing. it is a bit of a stretch to attribute this to hizbollah, or atleast hizbollah as it exists today. in 1983 hizbollah was a loose orginaization of various shi'ite groups, some of whom pooled rescources to pull off that attack. hizbollah objective then was to not only fight israel, but to turn lebanon into an iran like religious state. an objective they have long since dropped. sure they are better organized then al qaeda, but the point is their objectives don't resemble those of al qaeda. at this point in addition to being a militia, they are the lone political party of the shia in lebanon. [ QUOTE ]
[Terrorism analysts say Hezbollah attacks on Americans declined as its leaders focused on making the transition from terrorists to political players in Lebanon./quote]

i don't see this tren reversing even if the us dramatically increases pressure on iran. as they have entered the political arena in lebanon, they are not merely lackeys of iran and syria. hizbollah recieves alot of money from syria, and as the us has increased pressure on syria, hizbollah's rhetoric towards the us has not changed dramaticallly.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:22 AM

hi again, in48902,

I'm not trying to argue that Hezbollah is motivated currently to attack the USA, or that it represents a greater present threat than al-Qaeda. I'm merely saying that it has the potential to be a bigger threat, as it is more capable than al-Qaeda.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:18 PM

Default \"Hezbollah A Bigger Threat Than al Qaeda\"

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not trying to argue that Hezbollah is motivated currently to attack the USA, or that it represents a greater present threat than al-Qaeda. I'm merely saying that it has the potential to be a bigger threat, as it is more capable than al-Qaeda.

[/ QUOTE ]
Trust me on this, kid. Never mess with a good joke trying to make it better.

And yours was already already world class! [ QUOTE ]
Hezbollah may pose a potentially graver threat to the United States than al-Qaeda.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: \"Hezbollah A Bigger Threat Than al Qaeda\"

And why would you find MMMMMM's view on the threat Hezbollah poses to the US so ridiculous? Are you suggesting that they could not attract the same sources of funding/support as Al-Quaeda when they have many similar goals and a similar world view?

Your statements like this and those ridiculing zippo's mostly correct statements on warfare lead me to believe you are merely trolling or are incredibly dense. All your views basically amount to is saying that a wolf is not a threat until he is at your door and preventive defense policy and threat analysis serves no purpose.