Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Live 2/5 no limit.. What\'s the move?

This is my first post so bear with me. Live 2/5 no limit.
Hero's on the button with K/K, SB is a maniac who will re-raise with any hand, BB is solid, with another maniac UTG.
UTG limps and everyone else folds to me. I make it 25 to go, and SB re-raises to 125. BB goes all in for 118, and UTG
calls 125. Whats the move? Both maniacs have me covered (I had $650.00)After some feedback I'll let you know how the hand played out.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Live 2/5 no limit.. What\'s the move?

So you have about $400 in a pot with a $80 call with KK? How can you not love that situation? There is a 3% chance of someone holding the single hand that has you beat right now while you have KK. You have to call this.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:12 PM

I push and pull out another buyin, hoping I spike a K at some point.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:22 PM

I'd be curious to know what other people at the table though of the SB maniac? would they agree with you and consider him a maniac? or did they just sit down.

you say that the maniac raises any hand, but does he always raise any hand by coming over the top with $100? Even maniacs get AA or KK once in a while. If he were a smart player, I would think that he was raising here with either medium pocket pair, maybe also JJ/QQ in hopes of isolating the flop to just him and yourself.

As for UTG, I put him on suited connectors, a hand that he wouldn't raise with but just call with, but now he's getting wonderful odds to call the $125.

I call here with my KK.
Again, this is just my opinion, coulld be totally off from what the seasoned players on this forum would think.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push and pull out another buyin, hoping I spike a K at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-31-2005, 04:32 PM

UTGs play is a bit worrying but the SB and BB could have a massive range of hands. Certainly nothing to allow you to fold KK here.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:38 PM

Call and hope for a set. I think at least one of these guys has aces, but given your reads, that's not a certainty. You might very well be up against 88 (first maniac), QQ (solid guy), and 88 or AK/AQs (second maniac), in which case KK is a favorite to win.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:42 PM

All-in and it's not close.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:43 PM

If someone other than the maniac has aces in this spot, they played it really, really bad.

I push my stack in the middle.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:44 PM

In my opinion, anyone at the table who didn't agree with my perception of th s/b as a maniac should take up bowling or something. I had watched his play very closely and had seen him make that same move with rags to try and pick up the pot. Now the other maniac at the table I had played with before and is great for the game. You start drooling when he sits down because it's like having an a.t.m. at the table. The only legit hand I felt was out there was the B/B.