Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Big Coincidences You\'ve Experienced

As a consultant I was brought into a company to mop up a project that had been screwed up by another consulting firm. The manager I reported to hated the idea of me coming in and he had been forced to do it by his boss. He was insecure and felt my being there made him look like an incompetent idiot (which he was).

So I take control of the project. Get it back on track. As soon as possible the manager fired my ass. He wanted me gone and to get control of the project for himself. I thought, no problem, that's why you paid me good money ... so you can cut ties at any time.

After leaving that gig I took a short term gig for about 3 months. When that ended I landed another PM gig at a third company. I inherited a project with about 12 people who worked for the client under me. One of the guys on my new team was the incompetent idiot from the first gig.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:22 PM

Two summers ago, standing in line at the ticket counter for the San Diego Zoo, I looked up and saw a friend from school with his parents. Turns out they used to live in San Diego and his dad used to work at the zoo, and were coming back for the first time in five years. Pretty amazing considering I had just driven from San Antonio, to the Grand Canyon, to Yosemite, down Route 1, and into San Diego and met them here.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:13 PM

I'm not sure if this counts, but I was golfing at a local course 4 years ago. Hole 7, slice my ball into the trees on the right, punch out leaving me a ~40 yard third shot. I grab my 68 degree wedge and plop the thing on the green about 6 ft away from the hole and it rolls right in.

I finish the front nine and my buddy has to go home so I decide to keep going. I saw a guy I knew who was teeing off on #1 so I joined him. Get to hole 7 and I slice my ball into the trees on the right, it was a pretty similar shot as before. I punch out again and as I'm standing over my ball, I can see my divot from last time about 3 ft away. I whip out my 68 degree and plop it on the green about 6 ft away, and it rolls into the hole.

it was crazy, but nobody believes me since the witnesses were different. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My cousin from florida has a picture of herself as a five year old at disney land.

in the background of the picture is another family vacationing from canada with a little boy the same age.

she ended up marrying him. he discovered his family in the picture sometime after they were already married.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very cool.
Old 10-22-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you put 20 people in a room, the odds of at least 2 of the people having the same birthday are suprisingly high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.

23 people gives you a 50% chance. IIRC 50 people means its 99% likely that 2 share the same birthday.

FWIW my birthday is July 14th. I'm gonna see my daddy for the first time on July 14th.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you show the math please?

[/ QUOTE ]

birthday paradox
Old 10-22-2005, 03:26 PM

Yeah, that's a very cool and weird one.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:32 PM

I believe you since you have no reason to lie. But that seems like an unbelievable story. Wow. Talk about fate.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:23 PM

I was at a friend's house and her mom had opened up a cushion because it was falling apart. It was filled with old real estate newsletters and we randomly opened one to look at the prices of houses in the 1940s. I looked at one of the houses (small photos in b&w) and matched the address with a friend who had just moved into that house a few weeks ago.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:49 PM

I have 2

1) First year in the Marines. Me and my roommate (in arizona) He was from Texas, I was from Ky, we are looking through yearbooks etc The same girl (same picture also) was in both of ours graduating class.

2) Me and a guy named ZGODA was chasing the same girl my senior year. Anyway I go off to the Marines, he joins the army. I see him in Okinawa, Arizona, Kuwait and FT Bliss Texas, then we both get out of the service after 4 years, and we both move to the same town (Lexington Ky) We jsut laugh when we see each other, still havent talked to him though
Old 10-22-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's one from about 2 years ago.

I was driving down the street and noticed the truck in front of me had a state of Kansas specialty plate that said "BOSTON" I didn't think too much of it, but half a second later, with the truck still in front of me, I turned on the radio. I immediately heard "More than a feeling" from the band BOSTON.

It was pretty cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

If "More Than a Feeling" wasn't followed by "Dust in the Wind" or "Point of No Return," then this story sucks.