Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4 full vs. 3/6 full?

Thanks for the replies. Im gonna keep goin at the 2/4 for a while to see my stats level out over a greater amount of hands and then depending on where my bankroll is, go to 3/6 or 5/10 and see what happens.

2 questions for hybrid, can you describe any of the differences between the 2 limits, or mainly just more tight and agressive? and then why do you say that 6 max is the way to go online?
Old 08-10-2005, 03:11 AM

Im gonna keep goin at the 2/4 for a while to see my stats level out over a greater amount of hands

This is the correct answer. They WILL level out.

Maybe you're a brilliant player but most likely you had a run of great cards - don't let it go to your head. You shoudn't move up limits simply because you suddenly have the bankroll.

Almost anyone can pull off a nice run - this doesn't mean you have the skills necessary to move up limits. Continue to play at your current level until you are beating it consistently (and I'm talking about thousands of hands - perhaps tens of thousands) and continue to study and plug leaks.

You worked to build up your current roll - why blow it by moving up when you aren't ready?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:52 AM

My observation of 3/6 vs 2/4 and lower is that you will find a lot more tricky players (check raise, slow play, etc), Blind steals are actually an option as people will often fold around when you raise. Uncontested blinds are not unusual. Probably 60-70% of hands will not see the river, and when you do most people will have a hand of some kind.

You will get the exceptions to the rule... but for the most part if the hand gets to the river either someone was drawing (probably with proper odds) or 2 people had the same top pair and a kicker decides it.

Be careful of the reraise on the turn, they normally aren't kidding.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:38 PM

The above poster mentioned alot of what to expect

The main thing is the good to bad player ratio makes a pretty substantial change. I dont know why the extra dollar in BB makes a huge difference but your going to be at tables with atleast 5 solid players compared to maybe 2 or 3 at 2/4

3/6 is more tight aggresive, you can expect a bet on every round. It is a lot more trickier as you will find more check/raises and reraises. You will be put to the test.

And the main thing is you wont get paid off as much as you would at 2/4 with your good hands. You cant expect to be called down with ace high or a weak middle pair that often.

I think that covers most of the changes you will find. I mean the best way to discover is playing yourself. If you have a high enough roll that your willing to risk 50-100 BB at 3/6 then theres nothing wrong with taking a shot to gain experience but just make sure your willing to drop back down and not ruin your entire roll.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:49 AM

Totally agree with the Tight/Aggressive and the 5 or so solid players at a table. I generally search for tables with 2-3 loose fish... so they will pay me off with my big hands. You also have to hide to your hands better, ie waiting till the turn to reraise, etc.

Of course if YOU are the trickier player, the check/raise option generally works... especially on the flop. I will very often find a position bet on the flop with a check thru on the turn when I flop a set or so... So don't count on it. Get your poker tracker, and PokerAce going and watch those aggression factors. Isolate and abuse the fish, etc....