Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 30/60 yearly income

[ QUOTE ]
people who "work 40 hours per week" are actually working far less hours than 40. when you're multitabling, you're working every minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I probably work 25-30 hours most weeks. (unless screwing off on 2+2 counts)

Playing poker is a tough way to make an easy living. It might be fun for a year or two, but like most things starts to get old.

Keeping your hours down, taking vacations, playing different games and different formats, playing both live and online, and continuing to learn at least give you a chance to enjoy what you are doing over time.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:17 PM

I agree. Also: reading poker books, 2+2 reading/posting, reviewing PT, time spent keeping finances in order, dealing with taxes. These all add up. I'd guess someone who spends 25 hours a week actually playing would net 35-40 on average with all these intangibles included. Depends a lot on how bad a 2+2 addiction you've got.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they're going to look back and regret not playing those extra 10 hours a week at $200+/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatta load of poop. This may be the dumbest thing ever conceived by humankind, not that I'm one to use hyperbole.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raptor:

I like the setup. I have recently started multi-tabling and have done as many as 7 on one screen. Of course, I need more monitors! My questions to you are:

-Do you think your performance and sniffing out bluffs while multi-tabling is lessened because you are constantly in motion?
-What limit did you start at and when did you decide to move up?
-Do you play live?

[/ QUOTE ]

-obviously whenever you are adding tables, the ability at which you play each individual table decreases, but not enough to make it not worth player as many tables as you can handle. my roi in sngs would probably be 2% higher if i did 8 over 12.

-i started pretty much playing 55s 4 tabling. moved up whenever i had enough money

-yes. im 19 but ive played quite a few 1k+ buyin tourneys and ive played live 1-2 2-5 and 5-10 NL since i was 16. holla