Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Another AK on bad flop

Posting another AK hand as in the past 40 minutes these are the only two hands that have been playable.

UTG+1 is pretty LAG.

I've probably played this totally wrong, but any feedback is good.

thanks
travis

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 02-01-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Another AK on bad flop

Folding the flop was a huge error. UTG+1 is a LAG and could have a very wide range of holdings most of which you beat. Even if he was a real tightass I would still 3-bet.

The pot is way too big to fold such a good hand for one bet from an overaggressive player.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:32 PM

Fold was pretty bad, especially given your read. 3-bet the flop, lead the turn if called (and a non-diamond on the turn).
Old 02-01-2005, 06:32 PM

Yeah, I'd raise the flop and see if he caps. If he caps I think I still call down, but this really depends on what kind of LAG we're talking about. The fold was pre-mature though. He could have flopped a flush, but the odds are against it and most LAG's will bet anything post flop to gain the initiative.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:40 PM

You're getting 13 to 1 from the pot... not enough if you are beat already, but you are not necessarily beat already enough of the time here against a LAG.

Would a pretty LAG rise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ? 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ?

You bet they would! Call here....

Ed Miller post