Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-24-2005, 03:27 AM

Default Thin 3-handed?

Reads: Kurosh is the Button. He's pretty LAGGY with his 3-handed opening standards and seems to keep betting until people tell him not to. SB is a LAG who is more passive preflop, and from what I've seen who seems destined to give as much money away as possible. He's genuinely horrible. I'm sure Kurosh knows this, as it was HU for a while before I sat (I sat because I had played with the LAG a bunch).

Kurosh opens. SB calls. I call in the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB checks, I check, Kurosh bets, SB calls, I call.

The turn is the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, I check, Kurosh bets, SB checkraises, I call two...
Old 12-24-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: Thin 3-handed?

why you gotta be salting kuroshs game! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

as for the hand, I think the turn call is pretty bad, kurosh is going to put you squarely on the draw, so its not like hes going to fold thinking you have a hand cuz you called the 2 cold, and now you can win with your Q high vs the lag. Which brings us to the fact thats all you have, Q high and a really crappy gutshot draw, and even worse the betting is still open, so you might get to pay 3 bets for the privillege of seeing the river card. but either way, even if kurosh has crap and folds, I still dont like my Q high here for 2 bets in this size pot vs the sb

meh, I cant read the board.....n/m
Old 12-24-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

as for the hand, I think the turn call is pretty bad, kurosh is going to put you squarely on the draw, so its not like hes going to fold thinking you have a hand cuz you called the 2 cold, and now you can win with your Q high vs the lag. Which brings us to the fact thats all you have, Q high and a really crappy gutshot draw, and even worse the betting is still open, so you might get to pay 3 bets for the privillege of seeing the river card. but either way, even if kurosh has crap and folds, I still dont like my Q high here for 2 bets in this size pot vs the sb

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I have a "kinda" doublegutter, right?

That's what I'm wondering. How clean is a 6 here?

Rob
Old 12-24-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I have a "kinda" doublegutter, right?

That's what I'm wondering. How clean is a 6 here?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

blah, why you gotta be replying before I can edit my post in time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

you still dont have the odds to call tho, unless you have some other ways to win, but youve also got to taint your outs some. I fold
Old 12-24-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads: Kurosh is the Button. He's pretty LAGGY with his 3-handed opening standards and seems to keep betting until people tell him not to. SB is a LAG who is more passive preflop, and from what I've seen who seems destined to give as much money away as possible. He's genuinely horrible. I'm sure Kurosh knows this, as it was HU for a while before I sat (I sat because I had played with the LAG a bunch).

Kurosh opens. SB calls. I call in the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The flop is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB checks, I check, Kurosh bets, SB calls, I call.

The turn is the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks, I check, Kurosh bets, SB checkraises, I call two...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't give your straight draw more than 3-3.5 outs, if that.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you still dont have the odds to call tho, unless you have some other ways to win, but youve also got to taint your outs some. I fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Kurosh is folding a lot more often than he's calling and calling more often than 3-betting, so I figured that my true odds were pretty close to my immediate odds. Somewhere around 7-8.5:2 with an extra 2BB in implieds being pretty realistic.

It's probably still too thin but I thought it was close at the time and peeled.

Rob
Old 12-24-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to show me how you came about that conclusion? I figured it was somewhere between 6 and 8.

Rob
Old 12-24-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to show me how you came about that conclusion? I figured it was somewhere between 6 and 8.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

One of our straight draws gives you the bottom of the 4straight on board, that needs to be severely discounted especially after a somewhat passive yet laggy guy checkraises the turn. On top of that there is a 2 flush on board discounting your fairly clean draw to the 2 and further discounting the 6.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

One of our straight draws gives you the bottom of the 4straight on board, that needs to be severely discounted especially after a somewhat passive yet laggy guy checkraises the turn. On top of that there is a 2 flush on board discounting your fairly clean draw to the 2 and further discounting the 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a 3-handed game with one person who has done nothing but autobet, I'm not sure how you discount the outs by well over 1/2 though. I do understand your thoughts but I think the discounting process is way too severe there. The LAGGY guy has been aggressive in general playing me postflop, but passive preflop (hence me sitting on his left).

Rob
Old 12-24-2005, 04:39 AM

Entity, your orginal thought about this being 6-8 outs is about right IMO. I would see this as about 7 pure outs, and then I would fold the turn. Your call isnt horrible though, we're talking about a fraction of a BB mistake here at most.