Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 02:27 AM

Default A question?

i play 20+2s on empire and make a steady profit and get by hitting a big one every now and then and i make sure i have 30 times my buy in and i stick to my 20+2s playing the percentages. Where as one of my poker buddies switches between 20s,30s 50s and throws 100s in now and then also plays some 3/6 no limit cash games as well he has less of a bankroll than me as well, but he has been doing really well lately making like 1000 dollars a week for last 2 weeks, he has never really had what i would call a bad swing. To give you an idea in ability we are both at about the same level. Do you guys think this variance of games etc will get him in the end? or do you think i am to conservative?
Old 06-17-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: A question?

Sounds like you are jealous of your friend, lol.

Yes, variance happens to everybody, and if he is playing way beyond his bankroll, he will eventually go bust. So dont worry.... youll friend will soon be broke, and you can laugh at him while you grind out your $2-$3 tourney profit at the 22s....
Old 06-17-2005, 02:31 AM

yes he will eventually go bust. that being said, if you can replenish the $, it is not that big of a deal.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:32 AM

damn right im jealous,but i keep telling him to slow down, but doesnt listen [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2005, 02:35 AM

Thats not your responsibility to tell him to slow down. Gotta let him experience the highs... and dreadful lows... of gamblin' it up.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...one of my poker buddies switches between 20s,30s 50s and throws 100s in now and then also plays some 3/6 no limit cash games

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a lot like how I play. Do I know you?

[ QUOTE ]
...but he has been doing really well lately making like 1000 dollars a week for last 2 weeks, he has never really had what i would call a bad swing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, definitely not me.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think this variance of games etc will get him in the end? or do you think i am to conservative?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no need to play with such a rigid structure, unless you're living out of your bankroll.