Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-26-2005, 11:04 PM

Default K7s turn checkraise

I'm exploring more passive grounds than my usual haunts for a while. Not sure about my play on this one.

Reads are limited -- I've played 3 orbits so far, and villain hasn't stood out at all. He is bought in for about 180BB, though, for whatever it's worth. The game is good. Not uncommon to see 5-way limped pots on almost every hand. Occasionally there's a raise.

MP openraises. Button coldcalls. SB calls. I call in the BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

The flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB checks. I check. MP bets. Button calls. SB folds. I call.

The turn is the 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check. MP bets. Button calls. I checkraise.

Just bet?

Rob
Old 12-26-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: K7s turn checkraise

Preflop: duh

Flop: I think your line is fine. Betting so that MP can raise a hand like AJ, AQ, or QT is also reasonable. Checking and calling has a few advantages over betting. For one, you can fold if it is two back to you. Secondly, your equity is probably pretty tenuous considering the board texture and the fact that you're up against a PFR and coldcallers. I think your flop line is perfectly reasonable.

Turn : I would donk this turn rather then checkraising. Donking still gives mp a chance to raise with a worse hand for a free showdown or whatever, which helps to protect your hand. I think checkraising is a little too excessive considering your holding. yea the flush draw gave you more outs if behind, but you could easily still be in big trouble with that board. Betting also prevents giving a free card which, although not extremely likely, is definitely within the realm of possibility.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 AM

PF, fine
flop, very well, i like taking one card off, but i think youre ahead here. i like the turn c/r because you have the caller inbetween, and hes gonna call with a draw anyways, like a naked Ten or the other flush draw. but i think its more for value, and youll get paid off by a few weaker hands, but you wont get a better hand to fold. and i dont mind giving the free card on the turn because your hand isnt that strong. i rather see a showdown for 1 bet instead of 2 or 3, unimproved. im seeing a showdown with anything below a 9 on the river. cuz no one has said anything about that yet
Old 12-27-2005, 01:06 AM

I <3 turn c/r
Old 12-27-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn : I would donk this turn rather then checkraising. Donking still gives mp a chance to raise with a worse hand for a free showdown or whatever, which helps to protect your hand. I think checkraising is a little too excessive considering your holding. yea the flush draw gave you more outs if behind, but you could easily still be in big trouble with that board. Betting also prevents giving a free card which, although not extremely likely, is definitely within the realm of possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

sums up how I feel