Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-19-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the "fire the employee to make the custoemr shut up" line. Ive fired many of my coworkers and in turn they have fired me back as well. Its a game customer service plays with people so they will leave them alone. The real test would to send andrew or whatever his name is an email from a different address with a legitimate problem and see if he replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work for a very major company with thousands of customer service reps. If one of our reps responded like this in an email, they would be gone. It doesn't matter what the customer put in the previous emails, there is no excuse for any CSR to respond to a customer like this.

99% of our customer service is done on the phone. The CSR gets people cussing at them, threatening them, and other great things, but they are only allowed to hang up on them after warning them more than once and they better be able to prove that they did if they hang up.

Customer service reps are the only contact with a company that many customers ever have and those transactions become the basis of how customers view your company.

The guys deserved to be fired and probably was.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At some point it becomes more than just a T-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh jeez you just reminded me of my war against blockbuster. about 7 years ago i rented a movie from them a returned it on time. a week later i got a postcard saying i had a late fee for the movie. i wrote a letter that day to the manager of the store and addressed it to him personally and told him the day i brought it and which employees were working that day.

(i used to work in a video store in college so i know mistakes happen.)

a few days later i called the store and asked about the charge. the employee said, "no charges on your account." i thought "oh great." and went on about my business.

at the end of the month i got a credit card bill and found out i had been charged for the late fee. yes, the store charged my credit card that's why the employee said there was no late fee. so the manager of the store not only decided to charge my account, he decided not to call me about it and ignore my letter completely.

i called the store and the manager didnt return my call after several days.

i wrote a letter to blockbuster headquarters to tell them what happened and told them to cancel my account. i wrote a letter to the better business bureau. i called the credit card company and had the charges reversed and canceled my credit card. all that over a $4 late fee. pretty stupid but it wasnt about the late fee any longer.

seven years later and i have not rented from blockbuster. btw i never even heard back from blockbuster headquaters.

bwana
Old 12-19-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where does the buck stop then, Iggy? If it was no longer this guy's responsiblity, he should have pointed the OP to the right contact place to figure out what the heck was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he should have. When push came to shove though, the OP had no problems doing that himself. This brings me back to the whole point of throwing the guy under the bus. It just wasn't needed to nag the guy constantly after he gave you the answer, whether you liked the answer or not. EVentually, the guy cracked.

As I've said many times, I don't condone the cracking, but the OP does not have his hands clean in this whole matter.

As I said before, I knew fully well there's no winning here for me. Just be a little more respectable of the common man, especially the ones working the crap jobs. You need them a lot more than they need you.

Consider me out of this thread now...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the type of poor attitude that leads to poor Customer Service. I must respectfully disagree with your entire line here.

Customer Service is an art. YOu must be in your A game all the time. By all means it is not easy, however one must expect working CS that customers such as the OP will come every so often. For, if customers never had problems, there would never be a need for CS.

Furthermore, saying that the people working crappy jobs need us more then we need them is crap. If that was the case then why would they take a crappy job in the first place.

You are the type of CS agent that goes to work every day and expects me to feel sorry for you. NOPE. Won't happen.

I am the cutomer, KEY WORD: CUSTOMER, If you are having a bad day, I really don't care, you know why? Becasue if I am coming to you, that means that I am having an even worse day, because of your company. And since you represent that company as one of its agents you need to help me out. Not the other way around.

CS is not for every one, you need to be be able to deal with copmplaints ALL the time. If you cant then its time to look for a diffrent job.

Also, flamming the OP becasue "he got an asnwer, even if it was not the one he wanted to hear" is just plain bad.

I can't believe you have a CS job, because you are not fit for it.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:41 PM

I too was promised that VIP package and never received it. My response was not to play on AP anymore.

Maybe I'll send them an email though. And a link to this thread.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate seeing things like this.

While the guy obviously didn't reply to you the way you wanted, he did say he was working on things several times in emails you sent. Since it's going thru someone else to get you the shirt, what more do you think this guy could have done?

Was his reply appropriate? No, but who knows what you said in the various emails that you sent. I'm sure they have a mailbox full of things more important than multiple emails from you about a shirt.

You got someone fired because of a freakin shirt. I hope you feel good about yourself. There was no need to throw someone under a bus just to get what you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work in a tech support/customer service department. Granted this is for a medical device company so much more is at stake but if I ever even thought about telling one of our customers "stop bugging me, it won't get things done any faster" I would be canned on the spot. Whether or not the request is important in your eyes is irrelevant, you are a representative of a company and replying in that fashion is highly disrespectful and unprofessional. That clown should be canned whether it was over a tshirt or 50k.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With all the complaints about the customer service at Absolute lately, I thought I'd share my story

[/ QUOTE ]

If he really was fired I doubt it was a first offence.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:35 PM

eh

dude it's a t shirt for crissakes- why you gonna fly off the handle?

i think you kinda went a bit far.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's top notch customer service like this that sets your site apart from the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me lol
Old 12-19-2005, 09:09 PM

the only fitting end to this saga will be if the CSR tracks you down and hangs you with your new t-shirt. enjoy!
Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My whole point was there was no need to throw someone under the bus. We've all had bad days and not a single one of us is perfect. Maybe I understand this more because I have worked many crap jobs in my life and still work them. Things aren't perfect and as much as places like to say customer service is #1, there's no way in hell you can please everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant for the life of me figure out why you are still working crappy jobs (love the plural) You obviously know whats what. You should have easily risen to the top by now.