Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

View Poll Results: The correct play is:
Stare at wall, find liquor cabinet, get up from bed, procure liquor. (Check-Raise) 40 21.74%
State that love is impossible to quantify. Watch for flying objects. (Cold Call) 37 20.11%
Stare at wall, say 'No, that's impossible, honey' (Fold) 12 6.52%
Stare at wall, say 'Yes, of course, honey' (Raise) 95 51.63%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Just got off phone with VIP--popup offers 20th or 21st

So after talking with VIP, they saiad they'd have popups in the next few days with the VIP offers. After maentioning that its 2/3rd through the month already, they were like, we'll that's just how we're doing it this month.

The lady was British, fwiw.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Just got off phone with VIP--popup offers 20th or 21st

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Old 12-19-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So after talking with VIP, they saiad they'd have popups in the next few days with the VIP offers. After maentioning that its 2/3rd through the month already, they were like, we'll that's just how we're doing it this month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope the VIP offers include the entire month of December.

blue_water
Old 12-19-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's hoping it's something really awesome like earning a bunch of points to enter into a random drawing for a cruise that I couldn't and wouldn't go on anyway!!!11!!11one!1

I've taken what appears to me to be the one rational response I can to this program in Nov / Dec:

Nov. Party MGR: ~$8,000
Nov. Other MGR: ~$1,500

and thus far:

Dec. Party MGR: ~$900
Dec. Other MGR: ~$5,000
Old 12-19-2005, 05:45 PM

Ha. I got told on the 8th that the offers would be out "in a few days" via an email. Strangely in that same email I was told I would get my Novemeber payment "in a few hours." I've yet to see either of those. and seeing as a few hours is apparently more than 240 to them I don't count on seeing an offer anytime too soon.

I'm really just hoping my 30,000 hands there so far this month don't count towards my total.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:53 PM

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please note that this months' vip promotion will be different in the sense that it is not in the form of an offer like last month. I am sorry that we have misinformed you in this regard. One of the promotions that was specially created for our vip players this month was the "30TO100MORE" promotion.

Besides this "vip only" promotion, we have several other promotions this month for all our players, like the Santa Party's Pack giving you the possibility to win up to $300. Visit the following link for more information:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/event...arty_pack.html

Another promotion we have is the $1000,000 Touchdown promotion. Please check the following link for more information:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/event...all_promo.html

Note that we will come up with one more promotion this month giving you the possibility to win a PartyPoker Million V cruise package, depending on the amount of regular party points you earn. You will receive more information regarding this promotion in the next few days.

Next month we will come up with new promotions exclusively for our vip players. At this moment in time I can not give you any specific details about them.

Please don't hesitate to contact us with any further questions in regard.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Wouterv
Party Poker VIP Club
Customer Care

Thats after receiving 3 emails that my VIP offer is gonna come up in a few days/end of the week/tomorrow ... I dont want to be on the boat i want $$...
Old 12-19-2005, 09:23 PM

I want to be on the boat...but I think their behavior is increasingly irresponsible.

If they aren't going to give offers then why are they telling you to 'just wait and your offer will be coming'?

some reps seemed to indicate the same stuff that this rep said....while others said 'be patient. your offer will be coming.'

WTF?!?!
This type of miscommunication is pretty inexcuseable.
Party continually finds new and innovative ways to maintain the worst customer-relations possible.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 PM

Let me clarify Bob.. I would like to be on the boat but i dont think the offer will be reallistic. I think i have 0 chance of making it and besides that i dont like that manipulation..If the offer is gonna be a cruise package just lemme know in advance in order to play elsewhere. There is no reason to gather those useless points all December - and please dont tell me about the "other offers like santas and touchdown".
"WTF?!?!
This type of miscommunication is pretty inexcuseable.
Party continually finds new and innovative ways to maintain the worst customer-relations possible."

I totally agree. I have emails that condradict each other IMO. Anyway lets see what happens tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:40 AM

You shouldn't have been gathering the useless points in December without an offer to begin with.

I haven't been playing there hardly at all...I was playing the bare minimum to try to hang around for the Santa thing but I gave that up as I didn't think it was a terrifc value ($10 per day to have to commit to find time every freaking day??? nah. i'll stop).

I believe that the party-cruise promotion will not include points already accumulated in December.

When they did it before they just announced it and basically said, "Starting RIGHT NOW....first 20 players to get to 30k points get the cruise package."

This is pretty much how I expect them to do it this year (although they could also just do something like 'earn 10k points this week and get in a random drawing').

I agree that trying to push that santa and touchdown crap at us is pretty condescending. But I really don't understand why you were playing there in the first place.

i think many of us in the A/R forum and VIP club have significantly cut-back our play there and gone on to sites with better offers.

I haven't e-mailed them as much as some of you guys have.
I've sent a couple of things about my November pay and also asked "Hey...where's my December offer?" but their lack of interest gives me an idea of the direction they have taken.

If they want to put something together to get me to play there more on my current account then they can feel free to fire-away with their best offer.
I have told them that I am getting better offers elsewhere and what are they going to offer me (and when)? Their response has been nothing as far as I'm concerned (because the Santa, Touchdown and reload crap don't really count imo).
If they don't care about listening to my concerns then sobeit.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:53 PM

Bob,

Just for the record. I am astonished at how many replies you put in these threads. I really dont see what you are trying to accomplish. You write a long drawn out response although informative and well aware that Party is doing [censored] for this VIP program.

I just really dont get why you continue to write them or tolerate it. You have sent them a bunch of emails which you post here and of course your opinion is quite clear.

I want to understand why in the world you waste so much time on these boards responding to all of these posts with not even a repeated message, but a long winded rant about how crappy they are.

What are you trying to accomplish here? I am not asking in an obnoxious way, but I find your posts just well....weird.