Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Matusow

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Matusow is good for the game and is a great poker. Man I am so tired of this "nice guy" syndrome that we've got in america. Judge the guy on his talent, not his personality. No wonder corporate america sucks, we're not in high school anymore people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said anything about his talent. He's a great player, no question. So are Ivey, Brunson, Negraneau, Raymer, and a bunch of other great players who manage to be great without acting like total a-holes at the table.

I'd say the real syndrome in America is the idea that antisocial and obnoxious behavior is somehow "cool" and that douchebaggery equals entertainment. It's the same thing in sports. Act like an idiot = get on Sportscenter. Play the game with class = zero highlight reels and zero endorsements. Idiotic behavior is now rewarded in America. Humility is mocked as being "boring". That's why I'm such a big fan of Raymer. The guy probably had the best 2-year run in the history of the WSOP, and managed to be classy and humble while doing it.

A guy can be funny and entertaining without being a jerkoff to the other players (Layne Flack comes to mind). Matusow is really not very funny or witty, unless you just find someone acting obnoxious to be funny in and of itself. Personally I don't find screaming, "I've got big cajones!" at your opponent to be funny, or normal behavior for an adult - but I'm sure a lot of people do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was a good post.

As for who I'd rather hang out with, if I was in the bar with a loud obnoxious egotistical cokehead like Matusow, I can almost guarantee we would be trading fists in about two seconds. I cannot stand this type of guy.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Layne Flack comes to mind)

[/ QUOTE ]

Flack: Ask me what I got.

Matusow: What do you got?

Flack: You beat!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:02 PM

After Matasow said, "Kiddie poker is down the street. Down the street." I would have loved to hear the guy he beat say,
"How do you know? Is it close to the Clark County jail?"
Old 11-03-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a douche, then let me ask you this. Who would you rather party with at da club? Raymer or Matusow?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Raymer, no contest. I would be concerned about all the undercover cop friends that hang with Mike.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:52 PM

Ok. I like u guys so I'm gonna divulge a little something. Time and place, July/WSOP. I'm hitting on the cardplayer girls and one of them says that of all the poker players she had met, the one that she really liked and would do is Matusow.

Indy
Old 11-03-2005, 05:57 PM

Seeing how him and GR seem to be jokey together now that lil needling seemed incredibly harmless to me, Raymer knows Matusow and how he is, he knows hes just dicking around for the most part I'd assume.

I think it would have been funny if the two actually held ESPN for ransom.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a douche, then let me ask you this. Who would you rather party with at da club? Raymer or Matusow?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid analogy (well, i guess its more of an implied analogy). Who i'd rather party with has [censored] all to do with who has a tolerable poker presence.

To answer your question (even though you never asked me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]),I'd rather go to jail for buying cocaine, for a friend, than party with a bi-polar ex-con degenerate junkie. Besides, at least Raymer won't need you to stake him for the door charge.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:09 PM

Mike Matusow is the most entertaining person on TV besides Eddie Murphy. And it's not even close!
Old 11-03-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike Matusow is the most entertaining person on TV besides Eddie Murphy.

[/ QUOTE ]
when was the last time you saw Eddie Murphy on TV?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does the bankteller thing also apply to prostitutes?

[/ QUOTE ]
You tell me.
Closed Thread