Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: WSOP has become a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Williamson's plays were a joke. The only explanation is that with such a huge number of donks in the tourney just based on sheer statistical probability one would get through to this point. It is frustrating though to see such an obviously unskilled player get to where most of us only dream to get.

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I thought she was trying to put her opponent (or maybe the whole table) on tilt with the KJs hand that she took forever to make a decision on. I can't believe any poker player would really put that much thought into that hand.

I really wonder after seeing her call an all-in for all her chips with the A7o, though.

That's not the same as Ferguson moving in on Cloutier to take control of the hand and force a decision.

It's just dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, the only person who so far has actually caused me to break things while watching was Williamson, and it simply seems to me that she had a hard time getting away from any Ace or two broadway cards.

But yeah, I wonder what Sheik must have thought she had - if he found out KJh he would have broken something.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

YOU NEVER CALL OFF ALL YOUR CHIPS WITH KJs or AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes you do, not in either of those spots, though.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:40 PM

One play that was equally horrible that nobody seems to be talking about is the guy who called a pre-flop raise with AX, checked when an A hit on the flop and then folded to the bet by the guy holding 77. His first mistake was calling the raise pre-flop if he had no intention of playing the hand after the flop, his second mistake was checking the flop after the A hit, and his third mistake was not re-raising what could very well be a semi-bluff from the guy holding 7-7.

What the hell was that?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:45 PM

What's most depressing to me is how big of douchebags these guys all are. Friedman, Stillman, Paskin, all huge tools. I literally laughed my ass off when Friedman said "You wish you had my talent at my age." Apparently, this guy is awesome yet doesn't even know a king high flush running into an ace high flush is just an unfortunate part of the game. I have a feeling we won't see much more of this clown.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One play that was equally horrible that nobody seems to be talking about is the guy who called a pre-flop raise with AX, checked when an A hit on the flop and then folded to the bet by the guy holding 77. His first mistake was calling the raise pre-flop if he had no intention of playing the hand after the flop, his second mistake was checking the flop after the A hit, and his third mistake was not re-raising what could very well be a semi-bluff from the guy holding 7-7.

What the hell was that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be willing to bet the guy with the pair of aces stays in the hand if Black keeps his mouth shut and just folds quickly. As for Black, as first I thought the guy was pretty cool, but after the TT hand and him crying over ppl not willing to ruin their tournament b/c some guy couldn't show up on time, I realized he was a douchebag like the rest of 'em.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:23 PM

I hope the editors at ESPN and WPT continue to select these dramatic luckbox hands for airing. It's good for business.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I literally laughed my ass off when Friedman said "You wish you had my talent at my age."

[/ QUOTE ]
it was better than that, he said "you wish you had half the talent i have when you were my age"
the kid was apparently looking for a pat on the back from somebody it seems from his comments, 3 perfect days, half the talent, how many 23 year olds etc (i understand the shows are edited and can make things seem different from what they are).
Old 11-02-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What the hell was that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was all that talking the one guy with TT was doing as well. Bad poker eitquette isn't it? To discuss a hand like that when someone else is still yet to act?

I thought that hand was a litte testament to how good Matusow is though. Once the hand ended, Matusow said "Worst hand goes into the muck. You're not gonna pull that crap with me when I'm in the hand, buddy." Or something to that effect. He had the guy pegged, but the others were clueless.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:06 PM

My table was tough as hell at the WSOP. Every time I put chips in the pot I got the stare down and a come over. Still, watching Hellmuth's table I was envious that I didn't get his cards against those players. That old man who put out a 10K turn raise when Hellmuth praised himself for an easy AKo laydown made me sick. And what about that dude that called him down to hit with KJ on the river?

Indy
Old 11-02-2005, 06:08 PM

Friedman was a really nice guy. Paskin (the brit guy w/ the smelly Beckham gear) was the friendliest guy to me at the WSOP. He appears to be an ass at the tables, but he's really a great guy behind it all. I wish he'd won it all.

Indy