Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 01-23-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Got to Step 5, any words of wisdom?

Hang in there bro....I've had a few broken teeth. Believe me I know and feel your pain. Pre op pain can be a beatch. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'm currently in the same boat....been swallowing 800 mg. Ibuprofen like they're tic tacs.

Maybe I need to go the L.I.T. route too. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Husker
Old 01-23-2005, 04:15 PM

I haven't played the $10, but I have half dozen freerolls for this level(isn't that a PITA), but I can give you my take on the other levels. As a general rule as the buyin increase so does the level of play to be expected from your opponents. Sorry.

The only possible exception MIGHT be level four. The main reason is there is so little real play to this level it is difficult for the semi-fish to play it real poorly. There is no end game blind stealing for the big stacks. Just double plus a little and don't play much from there. Most of the regulars know this.

MS Sunshine
Old 01-23-2005, 04:46 PM

Thanks to everyone for their advice, I appreciate your help.

I looked at the limit games a bit, but I really don't play limit SnG, so I decided to stick with what I'm comfortable with. I don't feel as in control in limit; more like I'm at the mercy of the cards.

This is certainly not going to be the last of these that I play. I put in $36 and about 6 hours to get to Step 5, and I'll get back again. It's a shot at a very large ROI.

Sadly, this one didn't work out. I played very few hands and was card dead most of the time. The small stacks kept making bad calls but sucking out and it took longer than usual to bust folks out, and became very much a crap shoot when we were down to 6; most folks had stacks of about 3x blinds at that point.

The only plays I really made were a few limps when the blinds were small with pairs that I laid down when raised. I finally caught KK in the SB and reraised; the original raiser called with A8 (???) and caught an A on the flop but luckily a K came as well. The case K on the turn made me feel a lot safer and I was 2nd in chips for a while.

In the middle stages, I raised with AQ and laid down to an all in reraise that covered me, and then had nothing to play after that. I couldn't even steal because folks always seemed to be raising in front of me when I was on the button and the cutoff.

I eventually had to decide if I should go all in in the BB with J7o from an MP raise, and instead waited to catch 72o in the SB [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I finally got blinded off with 42o and went out 5th; the bubble really sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

thanks again, I'll keep working.

Shauna
Old 01-23-2005, 05:20 PM

I have played a lot of these at all levels and my results have been much better at step 3/4 than 1/2, thus I now start at step 3. Starting at step 3, I'm averaging about $500 per step 5 entry.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:31 PM

IMO the 2 table difficulty is something like Step 5>3>2>4>1. The 1 tables are much more of a crapshoot which makes their difficulty more linear; the 2's allow much more play and are very very soft.

In both cases, datamining and analyzing the play of every regular will make your life a hell of a lot easier.