Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Been offered 20% RB, should I take it.

Hi

Got offered 20% RB from a reputed RB affiliate that advertises at rakereview.com

Should I take it or hold out and see what happens ?

Is there a chance of my account getting frozen if I take it ?

Help a confused n00b out. thanks.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Been offered 20% RB, should I take it.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi

Got offered 20% RB from a reputed RB affiliate that advertises at rakereview.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the general consensus is soon to be "STFU".

No offense dude, but I think it's in everyone's best interest to just go our separate ways as far as this issue is concerned.

Make your own decisions to the best of your ability or enlist the help of a poster or two via PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the general consensus is soon to be "STFU".

No offense dude, but I think it's in everyone's best interest to just go our separate ways as far as this issue is concerned.

Make your own decisions to the best of your ability or enlist the help of a poster or two via PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the harshness?
Old 10-13-2005, 01:30 PM

So in other words, if I have a question about affiliates or rakeback, the best courseo of action is NOT to ask it in the "Affiliates/Rakeback" forum. Got it.

This forum is truly a great addition to the 2+2 universe.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:52 PM

The only thing he did wrong was post a percent... I know we all know what he is talking about, but he never put [pokersite] anywhere in his post.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:52 PM

I would clear up with the affiliate what is going to happen if the individual trackers go offline again.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would clear up with the affiliate what is going to happen if the individual trackers go offline again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke to my affil mgr this morning who suggested to me that it was extremely likely that they would pull individual tracking stats if it became clear affiliates were using them for RB (i.e. many trackers w/ only 1 signup).

Hence it's just a risk-reward: if you go with one of the larger affiliates, when they pull the individual tracking #s it's a virtual certainty that the affiliate will send you an apologetic email (just like what happened 6 months ago) saying there's no way to see your individual stats.

What smarter affiliates will do is promise their players that if this happens, they'll simply go back to exchange of PT-stats (obviously requires trust, which is why mega-affils like PSO didn't want to waste their time doing this for their thousands of players, and thus happily just pocketed 100% of the rake).
Old 10-13-2005, 02:54 PM

Why can't all the affiliates join forces in a massive data mining effort? They could then know the number of raked hands of each player. If anything, the result would be an under-estimate (due to missed hands), but I don't think most people would complain.

Considering databases are easily available for 15/30 and above, I don't see why this isnt a solution to lost trackers.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So in other words, if I have a question about affiliates or rakeback, the best courseo of action is NOT to ask it in the "Affiliates/Rakeback" forum. Got it.

This forum is truly a great addition to the 2+2 universe.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMP .thanks bro
Old 10-13-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What smarter affiliates will do is promise their players that if this happens, they'll simply go back to exchange of PT-stats (obviously requires trust, which is why mega-affils like PSO didn't want to waste their time doing this for their thousands of players, and thus happily just pocketed 100% of the rake).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I don't think PSO used individual trackers at all. They signed up everyone onto one tracker, then received a report from Party Poker every two weeks with the MGR totals for each player. The fact that they only use 1 sign-up code for their FFP program supports this theory. So they had their hands tied and couldn't do anything.

However, I'm sure many other affiliates did what you said, however, and pocketed 100%. Teddy, you're a very respectable guy around here. Do you have something against PSO?