Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: TO\'s Press Conference

[ QUOTE ]
A commentator on ESPN this morning said that the general word around the NFL is that T.O. will play for someone next year, but strictly on a one-year basis until he proves himself. No team is going to be willing to put out any big bucks or long term contracts after 2 teams have dumped him for having an ego bigger than his talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it the same ESPN guy that put Miami in his top-3 list of teams that would want Owens? There's no way Saban would take T.O. Even if he was willing to put up with Owens' bullshit, he needs to find a QB someplace. No decent established QB will want to be anywhere Owens is, and can you imagine trying to develop a rookie QB with Owens around? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No decent established QB will want to be anywhere Owens is, and can you imagine trying to develop a rookie QB with Owens around? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The latest sportscaster talking-head speculation is that Atlanta might give TO a shot. Michael Vick appears to be developing a World Class Ego himself lately. Vick vs. TO could make for some good sideline/locker room TV. The way Vick is going, I don't think he would try to keep the bickering in-house the way McNabb has.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Note the wording in some of his comments today... paraphrased.

I apologize to the Philly fans that "this happened", as opposed to "I'm sorry for what I did."

I apologized to Donovan McNabb for anything I "may have said" that "may have been perceived as negative," as opposed to "for what I said."

The criminal is not sorry for what he did, but that he was caught. If he insists on qualifying his actions and statements, that is not a true apology. I'm sure Al Davis is watching with keen interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like any given Randy Moss press conference from years gone by. Everytime Randy goofed up, he would go on TV and essentially say, I don't know what I did wrong, but "they" want an apology, so here it is.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with Bud Selig's hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you never seen an old person before?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite part of the conference was the reporter asking the agent "What have you done for TO other than get him kicked off his team?". Agent: no response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed hard when I heard that question. I would really loev to know who was the reporter who asked it.

The agent's statements and body language during the whole press conference was horrible. He was acting like someone who is pissed off because he believes that his client has been wronged. His actions and statements were in complete opposition to the prepared statement that TO had just finished reading.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:25 AM

They played an awesome clip on the radio this morning. It was sometime in Owens' first couplea years in the league and it's basically just Steve Young going on and on about what a nice, humble, unassuming guy he is. Wow. What happened? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 10:34 AM

Yeah, money and a big head changes a lot of things jake.