Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: TO\'s Press Conference

My favorite part of the conference was the reporter asking the agent "What have you done for TO other than get him kicked off his team?". Agent: no response.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:14 PM

What's with Bud Selig's hands?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TO and Rosenhaus deserve each other. TO sounded like a fifth-grader being called on in class by his teacher to read a passage he had never seen before. I detected absolutely no remorse in TO's reading of the statement. It was also very telling that Rosenhaus did not allow TO to field questions by the press. I'd sure hate to be the one advocating for TO in his hearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rosenhaus is awesome. Such a stereotypical agent press conference. Is it just me or does he have like the most obvious hair transplant in history?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The more interesting question is how can the Eagles allow Hugh Douglas to retain his "Badassador" title after getting his butt kicked by T.O. That's just shameful for a former D-lineman to get owned by a wide receiver.

[/ QUOTE ]
there were no punches thrown in this incident.

T.O-- what an @sshole. Rosenhaus-- what a scumbag.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:37 AM

Note the wording in some of his comments today... paraphrased.

I apologize to the Philly fans that "this happened", as opposed to "I'm sorry for what I did."

I apologized to Donovan McNabb for anything I "may have said" that "may have been perceived as negative," as opposed to "for what I said."

The criminal is not sorry for what he did, but that he was caught. If he insists on qualifying his actions and statements, that is not a true apology. I'm sure Al Davis is watching with keen interest.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A commentator on ESPN this morning said that the general word around the NFL is that T.O. will play for someone next year, but strictly on a one-year basis until he proves himself. No team is going to be willing to put out any big bucks or long term contracts after 2 teams have dumped him for having an ego bigger than his talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz ESPN is the authority on this type of thing? ha You honestly think teams aren't gonna be scrambling to lock up the best receiver in the nfl right now?
Old 11-09-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite part of the conference was the reporter asking the agent "What have you done for TO other than get him kicked off his team?". Agent: no response.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part about that was after he said "no response", TO winked at the guy asking the question and gave a slight nod.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with Bud Selig's hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

They scare me.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cuz ESPN is the authority on this type of thing? ha You honestly think teams aren't gonna be scrambling to lock up the best receiver in the nfl right now?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not just ESPN. Adam Kaplan (NFL Network) said he couldn't get a single GM from any team, off of the record, to say they would even sign T.O. to a one year deal.

Also remember last time he was available the only teams that wanted him were the Ravens and Eagles. And I don't think either one of them wants him now. Owens is going to whine if he doesn't get a huge contract and I can't imagine any team wanting to drop themselves into cap hell for a guy who might destroy your whole team.

My guess is he doesn't sign until right before training camp when someone gives him a huge incentive layden deal.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't he just read that apology on friday?

[/ QUOTE ]

You call that reading?