Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: KQs in late position - Please comment on all streets

I would have limped pre-flop with the intention of raising any K or Q if there's no Ace or betting if checked to me.

If you raise pre-flop, you have to raise to 400. If Blinds and Vilain fold, you get +300 (maybe 50% of the time), if one of the blinds or Vilain call, the pot will be almost 1000. You will have to do a CB of 400 or 500 with KQ, which I don't really like.

I'm not sure Raising is better... Someone has a good raison for raising.

I know in this situation, the flop would have been perfect, but in genereal...
Old 12-07-2005, 11:57 AM

I'd raise pre-flop. It's a strong hand and while it's good in a multi-way pot I want to find out where I stand so I'd be betting 300-400. On the flop, I'd make a larger re-raise (800 or so) to make chasing the str8 and flush draws unprofitable. If this is called, you know you're not dealing with tptk and I'd be worried about trips or the fact that he was playing 3/4 or 7/8 diamonds.
I would probably not then call any more bets but if he checked the turn to me (unlikley if he's on the flush) I might be tempted to push the river in a cash game but not a tournie.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i be tmore on the flop, and probably call small turn bets.

but i'd consider raising the turn with the intention of checking behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never even considered that line. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, why would we make that play? If we raise the turn, we get in huge trouble if he has the flush and fold out some hands that we have wrecked and that would've kept giving us money. The only positive is that we charge some flush draws, but factor in the fact that many of these are betting the river UI, and I think this is an easy call/call.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he comes over the top it's an easy fold. This way you can make a small raise on the turn, charging him if he's still on a draw, instead of paying another 900 on the river. If he bets the river after your turn raise it's an easy fold.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i be tmore on the flop, and probably call small turn bets.

but i'd consider raising the turn with the intention of checking behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never even considered that line. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a minute, why would we make that play? If we raise the turn, we get in huge trouble if he has the flush and fold out some hands that we have wrecked and that would've kept giving us money. The only positive is that we charge some flush draws, but factor in the fact that many of these are betting the river UI, and I think this is an easy call/call.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he comes over the top it's an easy fold. This way you can make a small raise on the turn, charging him if he's still on a draw, instead of paying another 900 on the river. If he bets the river after your turn raise it's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, I'm dumb. We're betting a non-diamond river if checked to, right?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:50 PM

I would of played it the exact same way, and I would of called on the river and lost another 900 just like you did.