Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Micro Hi: Opponent shows pair on 4th, I call

I can't beat this game, and hands like this probably don't help. Opponent is bad. Other than that, so special reads.

7 Card Stud High ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.40 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
<font color="blue"> Should the hand have ended here? I just didn't believe that he had trips. A lot of people of the bad players try to slowplay it. I've read 7CSFAP, and I don't this guy has, so I don't think he's trying to sucker me in, but if he is, he got me. </font>

5th Street - (2.20 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.20 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
<font color="blue">What am I doing?</font>

River - (6.20 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
<font color="blue">After all that calling, should I raise/fold?</font>

Total pot: (8.20 BB)

Results: <font color="white">
Total pot $4.10 | Rake $0.15

Hero: [Kc Tc 3c Kd 5c 2s 3s] (two pair, Kings and Threes)

Seat 5: [5s 5h 8s 8h 7s 7c 9c] (two pair, Eights and Sevens) </font>

Bonus Hand
7 Card Stud High ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
<font color="blue"> How's this? </font>
Old 10-19-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Micro Hi: Opponent shows pair on 4th, I call

If you can complete on 3rd I would, being last to act. Some sites don't give this option though. I would probably raise 5th when you catch your 4flush to see where you are/try to buy a free card if you miss the flush on 6th. once he has 2 pair on board i would probably check/call 6th and call the river since you improved. i would fold otherwise. There is too good a chance at this level that the guy is a nut to give him credit for the trips. If you didn't hit the Kings on 4th i would certainly not peel one off though.

the bonus hand I would probably call. your Ks are live and it looks like at worst you can at least rope that middle guy around to get a lot of money in the pot if you hit. reevaluate on 5th.

I'm sure on both of these, many will say to just fold them both, especially the first since the pot is small....for my 50 cents, I'd get cute with it instead.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Micro Hi: Opponent shows pair on 4th, I call

I would raise 4th. Only 1 other 8 left and this will test him. If he raises then you can start worrying about the trips. Ks are strong here and your hand is very live.

At 5th, his bet is hard to interpret. I definitely call. I suspect Ks up could stand up but a flush is likely a winner. (If you had raised at 4th, then you should probably only call).

I agree with calling 6th.

Here's the problem on the River. Had you raised 4th, you would have a better feel for trip 8s. As it is though, because there's already an 8 gone, a Raise is tempting. Indeed, the flush is what we were waiting for.

Cheers,

PG