Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 11:05 PM

Default 24 h poker

anybody know if this site accepts americans? and does anyone have and opinions/reviews about this site? (how are the games, which ones to play ect... thank you
Old 02-23-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: 24 h poker

I did a bonus there. It is a swedish site with mostly 7person tables and a lot of pot limit. The bonus is not that easy to earn but there is quite a bit of action. They have soko available which is a strange game. I dont play there anymore but it is probably worth a try.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

anybody know if this site accepts americans?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes
[ QUOTE ]
and does anyone have and opinions/reviews about this site?

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it, they have a new client out now that I havn't tried yet, though.
If you like playing Omaha HI PL for large amounts of money it's the place to be... but there's a fair amount of games at many levels, if your game is PL/NL HE/OH, the limit selection is much more.. limited.
The bonuses are not all that easy to clear, but they won't scam you. It's a publicly traded Swedish company.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:12 PM

They accept Americans with no problem. You will play in euros rather than dollars, but you can deposit/withdraw with standard methods like Neteller. The max rake is 2.50 Euros and if you are playing small stakes you won't hit that. Bonuses aren't easy to clear; they have "VIP" points for playing that you can use for tourneys.

I like the site because I'm a big fan of draw. They always have several pot-limit draw cash games going and also are the only site currently offering draw tournaments. I've also played some omaha/8 tournaments there. The players in the small-stakes draw and omaha/8 multi-table tournaments are horrible and I've had several wins there. Many of the tourneys are rebuys and the 24h players tend to not utilize rebuys effectively. The tournaments are structured to end quickly-blinds increase very fast and most tourneys will be over in less than 3 hours.

I haven't played any holdem there, but there seems to be a fair number of NL ring games going. Not a lot of limit holdem action. There's also action in PLO, soko (fun to dabble in), and occasionally pot-limit stud or PLO8, which I've never tried. The limit omaha/8, stud/8, and 2-7 triple draw tables get virtually no action.

The site is busiest during the European evening/American afternoon with ~2000 players and table selection/tournament availability is best at this time. This will drop off to a few hundred by the late evening in North America.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:35 AM

Oh man. One of my favorite networks to play on. You can get an account at each site and hit every bonus they have. The play is insane. Total fish if you are the only USA player at the table. Warning once they find out you are from the USA they will try to get into your head saying every thing nasty they can about the USA. I love the foreigners money. They play only in Euros so last time I checked it was 1.35 for the USD equivalent. Points are tough to get. To get a point the pot must be raked 50 cents, oops I mean 1/2 a euro. To clear the bonus you must get 1000 points in 30 days. If you get 1000 points you get 100% of the bonus. If you get 900 points then you get 90% of the bonus. If you get 899 points then you only get 80% of the bonus. So you gotta clear the next hundred level if you are close.

You can play at No. 1 Poker; 24h Poker; Martin's Poker and there are others that I can't remember right now. I have played at each site and cleared the bonus. From the B2B sites my pockets are now full of cash. I play at No. 1 Poker when not clearing a bonus.

the B2B sites are like when BoDog Poker first opened. It is so fishy that you can smell it through your computer.