Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2002, 07:00 PM

Default No-limit stud: Beaten by a blue deuce on the river

Here's a no-limit 7-card stud hand I was playing about an hour before I woke up. I've got about $650 in front of me and have my opponents covered.

The low-card brings it in. A couple other players call. And I call in last position with (8,9)J.

The next cards are dealt. My opponents all catch blanks and I pair my doorcard to show an open pair of Jacks. I bet about $50 and get called in a couple places.

It's sixth street and my hand is (8,9)J,J,rag,J. I go all-in with my remaining $600 (six black chips). I get called in one place by my opponent who is holding (x,x)rag,rag,rag,7-blue.

The river cards are dealt. I don't improve and showdown my trip Jacks. My opponent shows that he caught a blue deuce on the river and takes the pot. I'm confused about why his hand is declared the winner but don't ask for it to be explained to me.

Here's my question. Should I be eating really big pieces of choclate cake just an hour before going to bed? Or should I eat even more?

Old 05-09-2002, 07:41 PM

Default Re: No-limit stud: Beaten by a blue deuce on the r

Allergy medication and booze have this effect as well.
Old 05-09-2002, 08:11 PM

Tough beat.

D. Andrew and myself bought our Star Wars tickets. You owe us 5 bucks, I hope you have some cash left after the blue deuce incident! It is for the 2:00PM show on Thursday. We were advised to be there at least one hour before showtime. Its at the Showcase theatre right next to the MGM Grand.
Old 05-09-2002, 10:19 PM

Default Try valerian pills next time! [img]/images/smile.gif[/img] *NM*

Old 05-10-2002, 12:01 AM

Default Showcase?

D.Andrew said he wanted to go to the Palms with their stadium seating. Why did you guys choose Showcase? I've been there a few times and it's certainly nice. But, stadium seating rules!

Old 05-10-2002, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Showcase?

Cause thats where we saw Spiderman, and they had tickets on sale for Star Wars at the window. It was convenient. And we are lazy.

PS. We passed on getting the Wednesday midnight showing. We figured that since neither of us owned Stormtrooper outfits, we wouldn't fit in. I'm guessing that showing will be a zoo.
Old 05-10-2002, 02:35 AM

i always assumed everybody has the dream where you have the nuts at showdown, but when you flip your cards over theyre not the same cards. ugh.

also ive had a dream where its like a pool party (at one of those laguna pools) and the lifeguard in the tower is like the dealer and theres like 24 players and its really weird ... (also my cards changed in that one too)

brad
Old 05-10-2002, 03:26 AM

Default Jalepeno Cheeseburgers are the

key to interesting dreams. Make sure they are smothered in grilled onions.
Old 05-10-2002, 01:43 PM

I always have the dream of being at a hot crap table or a great hold 'em game, and not having any money. Or, I've won really big, and I can't find the cage to cash out... lol.

May the flop be with you,

Fitz