Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-11-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Time to man up? Final 3

Paradise $10 rebuy/addon, down to 3 players.
Button has ~2 million
SB (hero)~ 520,000 after posting
BB~ 255,000 after posting
Blinds are 25K/50K with a 5K anti I believe.

Big stack has pushed allin about 10 straight hands since we got 3 handed. He has shown about half of those hands to us, hands like 66, A4, KJ, 33,Q9, etc.... He has used his stack well at the final table and he is really starting to push us around now. (I have pushed from the button and stole the last 2 times verse the big stack). BB has been ultra tight at this final table. He has managed a few key double ups during the final table with big hands. But I have seen him fold a hand earlier when he was definitly priced in to call and it would not of hurt him if he lost. So, im assuming he just wants to move up to 2nd place.

I'm playing to win as always, but I will add that second place money is 33% better than 3rd place and is meaningful to me in all honesty.

Ok, now to the hand. Button (big stack) open pushes all-in. I am dealt pocket 8's. considering the info i provided do you call or fold?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Time to man up? Final 3

Can't lay that down. Wouldn't want to. I call.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't lay that down... I call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button (big stack) open pushes all-in. I am dealt pocket 8's. considering the info i provided do you call or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

You call.

Greg H.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can't lay that down. Wouldn't want to. I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. As im reading this post again, im realizing that this was a pretty easy call, and a pretty lame post. The blinds are too big and I need to make a stand soon. I figure that I'm either way ahead of his range of hands or slightly (coin-flip) ahead.

Well, I called him, BB folded. He had QJ os and flopped a Q to knock me out. If I win here I am right back in it and close the gap big time. Next time.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:53 PM

You're so, so very far ahead of the range he pushes. Ax, 67, smaller pairs, etc. You can fold your way to second place but then you almost GUARANTEE that you get second place only. I'm guessing the payouts are in something like a 5-3-2 ratio? Like 5k/3k/2k or some multiple of that. If you want, check ICM as it will show that this is a clear call.

Also, once you get 1m to his 1.5m, if you play your cards/position right you can overtake him and turn the tables, pounding HIM into the ground.

Everett
Old 11-11-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're so, so very far ahead of the range he pushes. Ax, 67, smaller pairs, etc. You can fold your way to second place but then you almost GUARANTEE that you get second place only. I'm guessing the payouts are in something like a 5-3-2 ratio? Like 5k/3k/2k or some multiple of that. If you want, check ICM as it will show that this is a clear call.

Also, once you get 1m to his 1.5m, if you play your cards/position right you can overtake him and turn the tables, pounding HIM into the ground.

Everett

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I agree with you. At Paradise the Blinds get HUGE towards the end. It really negates any skill advantage you might have or think you have. It's very similar towards the ITM portion of a Sng. Easy call, I guess I was just looking for validation, and in the back of my mind im thinking I could of just folded maybe into 2nd place. But that is clearly flawed thinking. later.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:18 PM

BTW, you cannot fold your way to 2nd place here. One double up for short stack and he has more chips than you. The call is a must.

X