Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2002, 12:34 AM

Default What is wrong with the QuadNines person on RGP?

I'm reading here and RGP and have a question. Who is this Quadnines guy on RGP and what is his problem? He seems to be obsessed with the 2+2 guys. It looks like he spends 24 hours a day looking for little "errors" in 2+2 books or in something 2+2 author says. But they are mostly not even errors. But he still puts up posts saying, "Oh look what I found." But in almost all his posts he just takes some little statement and reads it in some way to find it wrong, but not in the way anyone else would read it! Like if you say, "in this situation you must bet", even if it's so clear and right to anyone who knows how to play, he'll read like you're saying there is no exception to betting whatsoever. Then he'll just say, "Wrong. What if someone has a gun at your head saying don't bet or I shoot. Then you better not bet. So you are wrong to say you must bet." Of course there are always some exceptions, but anyone knows what authors mean when they don't give all tiny possibilities and just say "you must bet".

What I mean is they are things that I know are right, from my own study and talking to some really top players that help me. It's easy to see also what the 2+2 guys are saying. They are not so hard to understand. But he finds a way to look at the statements in some strange way, and then say therefore that way they are wrong. I don't think I'm being so clear, but I just wondered why this guy is so very obsessed with 2+2.