Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-01-2005, 11:55 AM

Default BoDog Disconnect Protection

<font color="red"> Also posted in proper forum but end of post warrants posting here I think</font>

Haven't most sites done away with the "disconnect protection" features??

I had a guy in PLO yesterday "get disconnected" when the river made both a str8 possible and he had mid set unimproved.

I had the nut str8 and put him all in right before his "connection problems". He was back on 2 hands later. I called him out on it and told him I was emailing support (which I did). They of course said..."It does look suspicious, but there is no history -yada yada. We'll monitor - yada yada"

To me he obviously wanted to see if I was bluffing without having to call a huge bet.

This is very distressing to me in PLO because you play your draws with the expectation of getting to make a large bet on the river or turn when they hit.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: BoDog Disconnect Protection

Bet 1/2 --&gt; 2/3 pot on river with nuts to entice a call
Old 11-01-2005, 12:54 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but what does the disconnect protection do in this case? Not allow you to bet? You still win the money in this case, right?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:38 PM

I believe the disconnected player is allowed to contest the portion of the pot that was in place at the time of the disconnection, without having to call any bets made after the disconnection.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:03 PM

I actually can argue that pushing may accomplish this as well.....depends on your style and history.

My new favorite strategy is betting an amount on the river that seems to be BEGGING for a call when the scare card comes (and it doesn't help me). You are amazed at the number of pots you get to pull AND if you bet 1/5 pot, it only has to work 1 out of 4 times to be profitable.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe the disconnected player is allowed to contest the portion of the pot that was in place at the time of the disconnection, without having to call any bets made after the disconnection.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it treats him as if he was all-in with the money he has already put into the pot. Even if he re-connects, he can't act in the hand again (because it won't "protect" him this way unless he was facing a bet when he disconnected).

I don't play tables with this kind of protection, but I have observed tables on PS where it has happened twice. Both times the disconnected player had a moderate draw against someone who potted with the nuts on the turn. Suspicious as all hell both times.

Is there a standard policy for online poker rooms for dealing with these situations? How many times does this have to happen before action is taken?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red"> Also posted in proper forum but end of post warrants posting here I think</font>

Haven't most sites done away with the "disconnect protection" features??

I had a guy in PLO yesterday "get disconnected" when the river made both a str8 possible and he had mid set unimproved.

I had the nut str8 and put him all in right before his "connection problems". He was back on 2 hands later. I called him out on it and told him I was emailing support (which I did). They of course said..."It does look suspicious, but there is no history -yada yada. We'll monitor - yada yada"

To me he obviously wanted to see if I was bluffing without having to call a huge bet.

This is very distressing to me in PLO because you play your draws with the expectation of getting to make a large bet on the river or turn when they hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet another useless "intentional disconnect" post

step 1 - report all suspicious disconnects
step 2 - out your thief by name on this forum
step 3 - repeat step 1

sites can't take action unless they are aware of the issue - repeated reporting from multiple players is the only way to accomplish this

PS - if it was CB2THEHE then you were had - that guy is good for a disconnect every few days
Old 11-01-2005, 03:59 PM

As stated I handled step 1.

Step 2 = "8091nafsbuc".

Step 3 = If I think a post is worthy I make it. I care not about being flamed for "cliche posts".

I may post a bad beat before the day is out.......maybe even an online poker is rigged one should the spirit move me.