Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Computer Timestamp...

To use a shareware product (not poker related), I want to set the date on my computer clock backwards.

If I set it to 2000, it screws up the days of the week.

Therefore I want to set it to 1994.

When I do this, I get a warning message when I start win XP, which says that the date on my computer is wrong.

I'm also getting an error when I go to web pages with secure content that the cert is expired, and it prompts me to accept the site... This happens often enough to upset me.

So I'm curious about a few things...

---

1) Why does win xp care what time it is? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Like, how does this affect the rest of the O/S?

2) Is there a safe way to shut off that thing that prompts me to verify my certs? I haven't been able to set internet security to medium-low, and my changes in custom settings in security and advanced options haven't worked...

3) Is there a firefox mod that lets you use all the IE hotkeys? This is the main reason that I'm unwilling to change over to firefox. I love my keyboard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4) Is there a program out there that constantly runs, that basically inserts itself between the O/S and the program that I want to run, that would "emulate" the o/s for the program, and make the program perceive a different date/time than the o/s was running on? I.E. Could I set winxp date/time to 2005 (normal) and have the program that I want to run still believe that it's 1994?

Man I hate this B.S.!

Oh well...

--Dave.