Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 06:54 PM

Default Just misspell the name of the other site

Since the system works by keyword tracking, if you put a space or misspell the other site, they will probably never know the difference. Although I can see why they wouldn't competing sites or afilliates using the chat to spam players, it seems that they are a little paranoid, because I have never seen that happen in an online pokeer game that I've been in. I think they are trying to solve a non-existant problem.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Gaming Club: I honestly am disgusted by this

MrD,

Thanks for the feedback on our response, and apologies for the delay in us responding again.

[ QUOTE ]

I really think the best way to handle it though, is to only step in for OBVIOUS cases, or on request of a user.

[/ QUOTE ]
We agree, which is why we referred your post to Prima and asked them rein in the attack dogs on this issue.

[ QUOTE ]

I hope the manager in question didn't have any punishment handed down … beyond a "Hey, let's calm down a notch, okay? Keep up the (otherwise) good work."

[/ QUOTE ]
We would expect this to be the most likely result.

[ QUOTE ]

That said, to answer your final question, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I have no problem with you working to prevent competitive spam as long as it doesn't interfere with normal play.

[/ QUOTE ]
To us this is the key, and it works both ways - monitoring chat mustn't get in the way of play, but at the same time undesirable chat mustn't either (to us this primarily means abusive chat, but it also extends to spamming, appropriately defined)

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for taking the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
No problem, that's why we're here.

[ QUOTE ]

Now, when are the waiting list bug and massive lag when freerolls start going to be addressed?

[/ QUOTE ]
We hope to see the former sorted out early in the new year, although we don't have an ETA yet. Re the latter, the maximum number of players has already been reduced for the bigger freerolls (e.g. for the $500 from 1,200 players to 1,000) and we're expecting some upgrades to the servers this week.

These are just short-term patches however - Prima's developers are currently busy with major software revisions to increase overall capacity to support many multiples of the current maximum number of concurrent connections.

Lastly, thanks for taking the time to post this thread. As is usually the case, unless one of you guys raises an issue like this we would most likely not be aware of how big a deal it is. Of course, whether or not it's worth it for you to take the time to make the post depends on whether or not we succeed in resolving the problem. Hopefully you won't experience the problem again, but please let us know if you do.