Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Gaming Club: I honestly am disgusted by this

roflmao. Mr chat moderators screen would be beeping and flashing non-stop.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
" my wife and i went to this island PARADISE in the PACIFIC. PARTY by day and a million STARS at night."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that would get your account closed for good!
Old 12-08-2003, 01:54 AM

hehe I wanna hear and see logs from someone who has the BALLS to say this mid game at any prima site lol...

Should be interesting.. I will seriously send $25.00 payapl ... not alot of money but no BS... want your account banned and join the rest of us - test the waters!
Old 12-08-2003, 02:01 AM

Let me clarify you have to argue with the card room mgr and use those keywords, srry gaming guy but with no responses from you I am interested in seeing what happens..

Trust me, Prima will NEVER become any sort of monopoly or even #1 card room at any point of time with their current management...

Don't mean to brag but you put mein management of that card room and their would beno free roll lag (very easy to solve that problem - no freebies), players wouldn't be getting accounts locked for complete bs.. hey we make 100K a day easy we can lose 1500 a day to fraud if it makes out site more friendly for players overall.. either that or improve CS "VAAAAAAAASSSSSSSTTTLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY"

I won't go on, but ya'll get the pt.

How tough is it to manage a online cd room - seriously.. wish I invested my $$ properly... I would have prop. software, real CS, and a site blowing all of these chumps (including pty) away....

The busines plan is simple, just need a cool mil to make 10 X that within 2 yrs max... make the initial investment back in say hmmm 6 - 9 months...

No joke, these card rooms and skinning is unreal, no innovation.. no competition. This industry is ready for a shake up if someone had financial backing for me I could hsake it up so bad it's not funny... God I'm drooling with my ideas...
Old 12-08-2003, 03:27 AM

Ryan here u are did it on a 1/2 limit game "Tell my why"

2.18a E time

> Game # 12,693,898 starting.
> CRAWFA228 wins $6
> Game # 12,693,985 starting.
> CRAWFA228 shows a Straight, King high
(Kh Qh Jd 10d 9d)
> CRAWFA228 wins $11.50 with a Straight, King high
> Game #1 12,694,084 starting.
cparsley> " my wife and i went to this island PARADISE in the PACIFIC. PARTY by day and a million STARS at night."
> cparsley wins $18.25 with One Pair, Aces
> Game #12,694,159 starting.
> paj wins $10.75
> Game #12,694,205 starting.

Nothing came from anyone at TGC sorry Ryan
Old 12-08-2003, 03:29 AM

You bum!

At Pstars another player asked what kind of bird I have as my image. When I typed it, it came out as ****ateil. They thought I was kidding around.

Old 12-08-2003, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- Is this HONESTLY a policy of the site? Players cannot mention other sites in game chat? If so, plese point me to documentation of this somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prima enforce a policy aimed at preventing surreptitious advertising of competing sites and networks. It applies to sites outside of the Prima network, as well as within (so, for example, we can't go in and talk up our advantages vs other sites within the Prima network).

In principle, it's a good policy, since otherwise players could get spammed by chat while trying to play.

In practice tho, we agree with you that what you experienced was WAY over the top. We personally see no problem with mention of other sites provided it's in the course of ordinary conversation.

We've spoken with Prima about this, and have been told that the overzealous person in question will be reined in. Please let us know if it ever happens again.

[ QUOTE ]

- Is this done by keyword tracking? Or are people actually paid to sit as observers in rooms and watch the chat for "problematic" words.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a combination of these methods.

[ QUOTE ]

- Are all tables monitored all the time, or just some when staffing permits?

[/ QUOTE ]

All tables are monitored by the keyword system; visual monitoring is also done 24/7, but no doubt it's impossible to effectively monitor every table visually all the time.

[ QUOTE ]

- Is it okay to mention other Prima sites in chat? If so, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, our belief (as opposed to Prima's, but our discussions with them since this thread started suggests we are on the same page) is that it would be fine in the context of ordinary conversation. You'll probably get into trouble if your conversation starts verging on anything that looks like hard sell tho.

[ QUOTE ]

Depending on the answers to these questions, I'm going to have to re-consider my participation at the Gaming Club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope we've been able to swing ourselves back into your good books [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ... let us know if any of the above is unclear or undesirable and we'll follow up further.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:49 AM

Do other sites do this? well try typing pokerstars in Bugsys club chat box and see what comes up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 11:55 AM

I've got no problem with wanting to prevent other sites from sending people in to promote their site (affiliates or direct staff). To re-use my analogy, you don't see many McDonald's staff in uniform at Burger King, extolling the virtures of fried burgers over grilled.

I really think the best way to handle it though, is to only step in for OBVIOUS cases, or on request of a user. I mean, if a guy is observing my table with the name of PartyPokerShill and every chat line he types is "Get 20% Deposit Bonus, code TGCSUCKS", you KNOW there's an issue. On the other hand, if nobody at the table cares, then his spamming isn't hurting TGC anyway (small bandwidth useage aside).

Another benefit of being less proactive about speaking up is that it's easier to catch all the actual problems.

I hope the manager in question didn't have any punishment handed down (I wasn't trying to get this person in trouble), beyond a "Hey, let's calm down a notch, okay? Keep up the (otherwise) good work."

That said, to answer your final question, yes. Honestly, I got the response I more or less expected from you, which is good. Like I said, I have no problem with you working to prevent competitive spam as long as it doesn't interfere with normal play. Thanks for taking the time.

Now, when are the waiting list bug and massive lag when freerolls start going to be addressed? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 06:39 PM

looks around I believe there was $25 paypal offered LOL