Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Confused BB Flush Draw

I went down in flames on this one. Or at least I wasn't confident with my decisions. Help me out...

One of my first hands at the table.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(9 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (29 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 37 BB
Old 03-25-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Confused BB Flush Draw

I like the call PF, as long as noone behind you has shown any LRR tendencies.

I'd lean towards check-raising this flop. See how confident MP2 really is.

Turn is scary. I think I'd fold when its 3 cold to you. If you had Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you could call it, but without the draw to the nuts you're in trouble.

River call is... well its not good.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:08 PM

Easy check/raise on the flop. Let pre-flop raiser bet and trap the field for a bigger pot.

Fold the turn. This is a tough lay down and people are going to disagree with me here, but with a large field and with AT LEAST 1 or two people on flush draws here, your odds are not good to lay you another heart, AND even if you do it's probably NOT high card with the betting going on. Facing 3-bets here I'd lay it down. If you had the Ace, it's an easy call.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:11 PM

Preflop: Fine.

Flop: I prefer a flop bet to a flop checkraise. I like it.

Turn: Action sucks -- a read would be nice here -- but getting 6.6:1 or better I'm not folding.

River: I'd fold. Action is telling me top pair isn't good here, which means that middle two isn't either.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:12 PM

Fold the turn. Your flush draw is dead (someone is drawing to a higher flush) more often than not. If the flush draw is dead, I'd say dollars to donuts that you're reduced to 2 outs at the moment. If you had Axs as the other poster stated, then it'd be easier to cap it yourself for deception.

Given that you called the turn, I'd make that crying call on the river still I think. It's 16.5 to 1, so it's not a clear call here.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: Action sucks -- a read would be nice here -- but getting 6.6:1 or better I'm not folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Should we not take into account the times we're drawing to second best here? I don't think we can base this on pure pot odds.

I don't know, this decision is tough for me. I really couldn't say what I'd do in that situation.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Should we not take into account the times we're drawing to second best here? I don't think we can base this on pure pot odds.

I don't know, this decision is tough for me. I really couldn't say what I'd do in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the board weren't so straightening, it'd be closer. The thing about boards like this is that you aren't likely to be getting action from someone with a higher flush draw on the turn. SB is a concern, but you won't be seeing flush draws from UTG, Button, or MP2 very often.

Rob
Old 03-25-2005, 09:23 PM

Interesting. I'll have to think on that one for a bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-25-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I'll have to think on that one for a bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

75, 52, 66, 33, and 44 are a lot more likely than a higher flush draw here by anyone except SB, I'd say.

Rob
Old 03-25-2005, 09:28 PM

I see. If UTG or Button has a higher flush draw, they'd have more likely pushed the flop harder.

Is that right?