Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Citanul, none of what i said has been racist...

[ QUOTE ]
nothing than a ploy to obsolve the White race of their responsibilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no such thing as the white race.

if there were such a thing, i sure as hell wouldnt take any responsibility for things other people did just because my skin happens to be the same color as theirs.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Wayfare, if you don\'t care, then why are you...

"there are alot of White folk who don't question the slanted view of White authored history books and who grow up in areas where the automatically have preconceived negative views toward African-Americas, native Africans, and the continent of Africa in general. to get into how those preconceived negative views affects all three is to numerous to list. "

If you think it's just racist textbooks that create racism, you may have another thing coming. There is something to be said towards avoiding behavior that reenforces commonly held stereotypes.

FWIW, I trying to find similarities between people better helps eradicate racism than trying to highlight differences. This "oh whups, you came from Africa too!" stuff is really not productive, as it offends people who are already racist and just seems silly to people who already know better.

EDIT: Desdina, thanks for being so civil in your response. I was rather harsh in the previous message.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Wayfare, if you don\'t care, then why are you...

In no way am I trying to divert blame from anyone that participated in slavery. I'm pointing out that Africans played a critical role in the slavery that existed in the US, specifically to address this statement made by des "yes, WHITE FOLK had barbarically enslaved AFRICAN PEOPLE". Africans enslaved African people and the white people purchased them and continued to enslave them. They were all guilty.

Why is it that it's WHITE FOLK and BLACK PEOPLE des? What's the difference between folk and people in your mind?
Old 11-09-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: First off, i\'ve already provided substantiated links...

[ QUOTE ]
if you have enough time to post back replies to me on 2+2 from your computer, then you have enough time to type into Google "where were the oldest known human remains or fossils found" or "Africa- the birthplace of civilization", etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. I did this, and this is what I came up with.

Results 1 - 10 of about 20,700 for Africa - Birthplace of civilization. (0.23 seconds)

I decided to do some other searches for information, because I don't wanna be accused of not using my own brain.

Results 1 - 10 of about 43,000 for America - Birthplace of civilization. (0.19 seconds

Results 1 - 10 of about 797 for Paul Phillips' weblog - Birthplace of civilization. (0.42 seconds)

Results 1 - 1 of 1 for David Sklansky's Theory of Poker - Birthplace of civilization. (0.35 seconds) (Perhaps this is not the influential book that we believe)

Results 1 - 10 of about 851 for My basement - Birthplace of civilization. (0.13 seconds)

Well, that clears things up. Google searching for anthropological and archaelogical findings really does give the definitive answers that our confused culture so desperately needs.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:53 PM

Default PLEASE stop this pointless thread

This is a silly thread that has turned into nothing but a flame war. It doesn't even belong in this forum. PLEASE...PLEASE let it die...that includes Desdia. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Closed Thread