Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 02:09 PM

Default Where to stay in LA

I'm going to be in LA from Nov. 10-16, and I was wondering if there was a consensus on where to stay.

I'm playing poker, but I don't know how much I'll play per day or if I'll be playing every day. I don't know how that impacts the ability to get a poker room rate at a place like Commerce (or what their regular rate is anyway).

I'll have a rental car, so while being close to the Bike/commerce wolud be nice, the friends I'm also visiting are spread out enough that it's not hugely important to be close physically to a poker room (or more).

I don't plan on staying there for more than sleep (so basically I just need a clean bed, shower, and toilet).

I saw Hotels.com had the Ramada Inn - Commerce for $60/night, so in that area or so is a target (unless that place is a rancid shithole...)

Thoughts?
Old 10-16-2004, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Where to stay in LA

[ QUOTE ]

I saw Hotels.com had the Ramada Inn - Commerce for $60/night, so in that area or so is a target (unless that place is a rancid shithole...)

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know about a rancid shithole, but I wouldnt pay 60 a night for that place. Either stay at commerce, or a decent hotel closer to LA. None of the card rooms are in the greatest of areas. Commerce has a poker player rate, that last time I checked was 80 a night.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Where to stay in LA

Best value on the west side - Sun Bay Motel in Culver City on Washington, less than $60 for a single person. Less than 2 mi from Venice beach and handy to the Marina Fwy for the short trip to Hollywood park or longer trips...