Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2005, 11:46 AM

Default lol 60k+ hands of losing is possible? (im ranting)

Been in a sh*tty f*cking rut for almost 3 months now. Poker sure is fun when you get on each session expecting to lose to the cooler at least 5 times. Log on expecting to lose 7 buyins. To top it off it's also fun playing with no rakeback, thank you party poker!

Things i've tried to get out of rut:

Tried playing more TAG, playing more LAG, focusing on reads and 2 tabling, playing auto pilot how i always used to win and 4 tabling, played full ring, played short handed, tried limit, sent hands to friends, joined cardrunners, taken numerous breaks, dropped in stakes, etc... im baffled have logged over 150k hands of winning and now its just one vicious cycle of Play good --> feel confident --> get stacked/sucked out on --> lose money --> lose confidence --> tilt --> take a break --> drop in stakes --> feel better --> start playing better --> feel confident --> get stacked --> rinse/repeat

Maybe I should just cash out everything but 15k, take that to 1k nl. If I lose it all, quit forever. If I win then i've finally made progress. Win win situation no?