Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 02:38 PM

Default KQo, get\'s three bet, massive action

MP3 is a LAP (46/6)
BB is also LAP (55/7)
In General i can't remember them getting out of hand preflop (except calling too much with bad hands.) Postflop they are unspectacular, typical party player postflop, nothing that comes to mind about them getting out of line. I think i should have folded the turn. Anyone else think that?
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (22.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 25.75 BB
Old 04-19-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: KQo, get\'s three bet, massive action

the other 2 are so aggressive after the flop when 2 jacks fall, but continue to go at it when the 3rd falls...and they both cant have the J. You might get beat, but it's between you and MP3, and with a pot this large you have to call down the river bet. Looking back, when the flop was bet and then raised to you I may have folded. Everything after that is fine.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:03 PM

Looks like BB might have 3-bet with something like AA, KK, QQ, AQ, or AJ (given the river call this one is out). MP3 could have any Q or any J. You are beat by AA (6 ways), KK (3 ways), QQ (1 way), split with AQ (8 ways). I think MP3 will have an Q or J more often than not. Looks like a lot of ways to be beat or to split. When it comes down to it, if you aren't beat, you are playing for half or a third of the pot, and the best case scenario on the turn is paying 5 bets total to win 17.75. I don't think you have enough. I would fold the turn if I felt it was going to get capped. In this instance, you called 2 bets at a time. The first call may not have been bad if you thought they wouldn't continue raising.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 PM

all i have to say about that hand is: that sux if you lost [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

MP3: quads
BB: AA, KK.

too good to let go. not good enough to win.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 PM

I would just call the flop. If BB has a strong holding that beats you, he will reraise even if you not 3-bet, so you don't get additional inforamtion out of this 3-bet.
And I think you will agree, that it is not for value in this spot with this action.

I would fold it on the flop if it is two back to me, call one bet and then fold the turn UI for more than one bet.

Since you didn't fold I would dump it on the turn. I wouln't risk a cap here cause I'm probably behind.
Sure, there is a chance he had AQs which would chop the pot (if MP3 has not the case jack) but it is more likely he is going nuts with his Jacks full of Aces or Kings or even Queens full Jacks.

It just doesn't seem that you are ahead, and since they are normally kinda passive you should really consider being up against a better full house or quads.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:02 PM

This is tough -- BB looks like he has KK or AA. MP2 *might* have a jack, or is overplaying a pair of Q. Folding on the flop is bad, I think, as you still might be ahead (since you don't know). The turn leaves you in the same position as the flop, but with the continued action, now you probably suspect that you're way behind here. However, I don't think I'd have the power to lay this down.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:30 PM

I may have found a fold on the first turn CC getting 7:1, but I doubt it. From there, it sucks - your probably drawing dead, but getting 10:1 you gotta call. That makes this river call easy at 24:1.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:38 PM

heh. I'm glad most of the people here can't find a fold. Actually the best spot for laying it down was probally the turn the second time I faced two cold.

But BB on a range. It's probally something like
AA, KK, QQ, AQ, AJ...and probally not much else. He MAY have KQ. But at this point I think most Q's would be slowing down, or not i'm not too sure. MP3's range includes any J, and any Q...and not much else. I think that i'm drawin AT BEST to a chop and at worst, dead.. so i think i could probally fold on the turn...i think... Anyone else agree?
Old 04-19-2005, 05:20 PM

No one folds this flop for two bets against two passive players? BB is representing an overpair and MP3 is representing the jack, I would only give myself two outs plus a slight chance of having the best hand. What else could MP3 be raising with? Possibly a OESD, Q w/ lower kicker? With only 12.5 SB in the pot, I'd lean towards a fold here.... terrible?