Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Flush draw and trips at NL25

Okay, here's the hand. Two other players in there, MP1 and MP2, and I am on the button. Everyone has stacks with about $25. I have J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], MP1 minraises to 0.50, MP2 calls, I call, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

MP1 bets 1, MP2 raises to 2, I call, MP1 raises to 3, MP2 calls, I call. At this point I check to see if I am playing limit, and confirm this is indeed no limit. Anyway, with no great reads on opponents, I figure both players must like their hands, but I'm not sure what exactly to put them on. I just can't believe someone has AA, but I supposed 55 or JJ is possible or A5 or AJ.

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP1 bets 5, MP2 bets 10, I push (for about 20-22)...

I know they showed strength, but couldn't have have AK and AQ or A5 or something like that? What do you think of this play? I think I overestimated the fold equity AND the outs I have (flush outs might be no good), so overall it is a -EV play, but I'd like to hear what people think.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Flush draw and trips at NL25

Read dependent, you see all sorts of unbelievable plays in NL25, but without a read, i'm probably getting stacked here.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:47 PM

Push the flop?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 AM

So the only two posters thus far advocate a push on the flop or losing their whole stack...no one is concerned with the minraises back and forth? I honestly felt like after this hand I should've played for a flush and dropped it otherwise. Does everyone think getting stacked here is more or less unavoidable?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:33 AM

Minraises at this level aren't a sign of strength, they're a sign of donktitude. Push it on the flop.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Minraises at this level aren't a sign of strength, they're a sign of donktitude. Push it on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those min raises show that they each like their Aces and will let their AK and AQ kickers fight it out.

Results?
Old 08-08-2005, 01:51 PM

This is ugly - AA is a real possibility for MP1 and AJ is a real possibility for either player - as is 55. I think I get stacked here but I don't really like it - I think folding might be correct - I'd say you are drawing dead about 25% of the time but at 25NL you are probably ahead quite a bit as well