Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Myth Busters: Marijuana aka Pot aka Mary Jane aka etc.

i will be there for vegoose on the halloween weekend but don't live anywhere near there,
Old 09-13-2005, 05:45 PM

I suggest NORML's website, already linked in this thread.

Any company or individual who requires that I submit to the humiliation of a drug test does not get the benefit of my service. Period.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If any of you are high when you play poker online, and if you play for any meaningful stakes, then you are suckers doomed to go bust. Same if you get drunk and play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. High, as in high on THC, is not the same as high, as in drunk.

Alcohol greatly increases the risk of tilt, while marijuana all but eliminates it.

Both drugs increase the likelihood of errors in one's play. Alcohol causes (very predictable) increased aggression and confrontational behavior, which can cost alot of money. Marijuana increases the likelihood of random (unpredictable) errors and reduces aggression. Both have a negative impact on one's earn, unless one is very susceptible to tilt, in which case marijuana may actually increase one's earn.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i will be there for vegoose on the halloween weekend but don't live anywhere near there,

[/ QUOTE ]

I just learned of vegoose from friends of my girlfriend who were heading down. After looking at the lineup I thought if I were to go I don't think I'd end up playing any poker. I'd probably be feeding the volcano and looking for Lesh.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:39 AM

I disagree with you about the consistency of alcohol's effects. Whereas some people have the response you indicate, others do not. There are sleepy drunks, horny drunks, friendly drunks, happy drunks, angry drunks, chatty drunks, etc. I have a much lower tendency to get angry or confrontational when I'm drinking. And I know many others do as well.

As for THC, some people get obnoxious and maybe a bit self-absorbed but I haven't seen angry. It's not all mellow and smooth. That's more of an anxiolytic thing (benzodiazapines, barbiturates, etc.). THC has anxiolytic effects, but it doesn't seem to be as pure as an anxiolytic as the other drug group I mentioned.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always been one to question "conventional wisdom" as it can get you in trouble if you follow it too often. This is an example and I would like if anyone knew the correct answers to my questions.

-How long do you have to stop smoking before it will not show up in a standard company urine test? What about a more advanced one that takes a hair sample?

-Does it matter what kind of pot you smoked or how long/ how much you have been smoking?

For example, if a pot head that smokes every day for a year and stops for a drug test, does he have to wait longer than someone who smoked for lets say a month? A week? Just one day?

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends on how much you smoke. the more you smoke, the longer you have to wait. someone posted about drinking water, that doesn't help. if you're a heavy smoker, i'd stop about a week before the test, and drink creatine and take a vitamin B pill a couple hours before the test.

if you hardly ever smoke, as in once a month or so, pot will leave your system in 4 or 5 days.

as for hair tests, i'm not sure. my friend failed a hair test and he quit smoking about a month before his test, he also bought the shampoo. i believe hair tests go 90 days back, however if you smoke one or 2 times in the past 90 days you can pass a hair test.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played with a lot of drunks and stoners over the years in b&m and home games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have evidence that these drunks and stoners were good players otherwise? Most B&M drunks are just sh!tty poker players who want to gamble.