Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 06:25 PM

Default JJ, should I have capped - how would you have played this?

Just sat, so I have no read on anyone at the table. Would you have 4 bet the flop or called with JJ? I only called because it's reccomended in the SSH chart that is floating around on 2+2.

Also, with his calling here, what on earth would you figure both of these opponents to have, especially UTG+1? Would you have played diffrently?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (16.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 19.20 BB
Old 07-01-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: JJ, should I have capped - how would you have played this?

Cap preflop. If bet into on the flop after that, call down UI, unless an overcard hits then re-evaluate.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:50 PM

i think you played this perfect

weird ass line for UTG+1
Old 07-01-2005, 06:56 PM

Calldown even with others in the pot? I'd think you'd want to raise since you're quite vulnerable to overcards.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:00 PM

A very important factor when someone limp reraises is HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE. If you see a guy taking some beats and pretty down on his buy in chances are he thinks hes due and needs a big pot prolly has some dinky pair. This is an excellent time to cap pots with hands u would otherwise call with. Other than that u have position against one oppt capping isnt so bad, but typically u should call
Old 07-01-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calldown even with others in the pot? I'd think you'd want to raise since you're quite vulnerable to overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you expecting to fold with this size pot? Besides, you (the preflop capper) have just been bet into by the preflop LRR'er, with a bunch of other people happily coming along for the ride with a finger in each nostril. I don't like my chances, and I don't want to put in any more money than I have to.

Edit: oh, and the Villan is unknown.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:43 PM

If Im raising anywhere postflop its on the turn. Pumping the flop here, is just liable to tie most ppl to the pot.

As far as a limp reraisers holding, he could have AA-Qq and AKs and AQs.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just sat, so I have no read on anyone at the table. Would you have 4 bet the flop or called with JJ? I only called because it's reccomended in the SSH chart that is floating around on 2+2.

Also, with his calling here, what on earth would you figure both of these opponents to have, especially UTG+1? Would you have played diffrently?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (13.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (16.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 19.20 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Cap preflop.
Cap flop.
Turn and river good.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:57 PM

Are you really that worried about a LRR and a bet on the flop? Maybe a flop bet won't protect your hand that much so I'm wrong there. That means a raise on the turn would probably the right play.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:15 PM

I'm calling river, capping flop.