Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Ten things that Party Poker should do.

[ QUOTE ]
1) do you really care? (many players, myself included, turn off avatars)

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do this at Party?
Old 05-31-2005, 11:16 AM

I'd also like to see them assign keyboard shortcuts to some or all of the buttons. Pokerroom assigns F1-F2-F3 to Fold-Call/Check-Raise, for example. I find it extremely convenient.

Also, if the action is on to you in NL games, focus should automatically go to the box where you type in the size of the bet.

In general, you should be able to play the game with minimal use of the mouse.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:25 AM

#1- No All in protection in CASH GAME NL!!!! Angle-shooters paradise. If you get caught, they simply take away your all-in protection.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:51 AM

I wish they show what current place you are in during MTTs (unless they do already and I have overlooked it)
Old 05-31-2005, 01:28 PM

11. Live help for final table settlements (noted by CardSharp). Great idea. I don't trust some guy I don't know to transfer the agreed-upon amount.

12. Instead of average (mean) chip stack, show median stack in tournament lobby. Average chip stack is misleading. Someone with "average" stack is likely in top 1/3 (because so many short stacks cluster in desperate shape)!
Old 05-31-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
7) If a player misses a hand for computer reasons, or other reasons, the system posts your blinds, deals you cards, and folds you until the “I AM BACK” icon is hit. This is OK, UNLESS you are the first to act on the next hand. If you are UTG on the next hand, the system will deal your cards, fold you, and then ask if you are back. It shows you your two cards just to tease you. There is no way that I know of to play that hand, even if you are back. I normally do not have a lot to complain about with the Indian help-line, but under this circumstance, they are awful. I tried to explain how bad this is, and they try to explain how the software works. It is an endless loop. There is no explaining to these people that this is a big software problem that should be fixed. I want to shout, “Can I Speak To An American!”. As soon as the system recognizes that you are out, the “I AM BACK” icon should appear. Not after you are dealt out of the next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can avoid this before the next hand is dealt. Uncheck and check "Auto Post Blind" and check and uncheck "Deal Me Out". I'm not sure which of these does it or if its both, but I do this anytime i see I missed an action on a table.
-Ace
Old 05-31-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the god damn rake off the rebuys/addon

[/ QUOTE ]

yes indeed.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:59 PM

The only thing I would fix is the terrible lag time that opening up big tournament lobbies causes. Eg. If you open up the lobby for the $1 M GTY with 1800+ players, it takes forever to build the tables and player lists. And this causes any table you are playing on to slow down dramatically.

Could be my system but I doubt it. This never happens to me on Stars but always on Party.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I would fix is the terrible lag time that opening up big tournament lobbies causes. Eg. If you open up the lobby for the $1 M GTY with 1800+ players, it takes forever to build the tables and player lists. And this causes any table you are playing on to slow down dramatically.

Could be my system but I doubt it. This never happens to me on Stars but always on Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same thing happens to my computer when I open big MTT tournament lobbies.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:48 PM

I think they need to add 2 levels inbetween 1-8 in their MTT's otherwise party is a decent site.