Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Heads up play

[ QUOTE ]
why not a call call bet line, or conversely, calling until checked to, then betting. standard way ahead/ way behind line.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i was thinking
Old 04-15-2005, 10:43 AM

Itīs fine, I think I raise the flop more often than I flatcall here though, but mixing it is the way to go.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Itīs fine, I think I raise the flop more often than I flatcall here though, but mixing it is the way to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like fastplaying against players who will play back with other Jacks and marginal hands like 44 here, but I'll usually just let them bet for me if they're passive and will slow down easily.

But yeah, mixing it up is good.

Rob
Old 04-15-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO not a good example. After I saw the hand I stopped reading becsaue I didnt want to alter my thinking. In this hand we have TPTK on a paired board. In your hand the board is paired but there is also an overcard.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats just one of the more ridiculous things ive ever read on this board. The reasoning about how to evaluate hands like these is in that thread. Seriously. I cant believe you just wrote what you did.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Its not the same situation. It adds an extra variable.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read no replies yet...

I like raising the flop becuase if he bets the turn, you don't know if he has a J or a 7, especially since he was the BB he might play a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

He might play a 7, he might play a thousand hands.

CAN PEOPLE PLEASE LEARN THAT THE LIKELINESS OF HIM HAVING A 7 IS VERY REMOTE HEADS UP AND PROBABLY ISNT IT.

Even more so because he called a raise by me; whats that leave him with, A7, K7, Q7, 77.

People, its not rocket science. This guy WILL ALMOST NEVER HAVE A 7. IF HE DOES, WE'RE [censored] ANYWAY.

Irregardless of how I play it, I'm paying him off. Its inevitable. BUT HE DOESNT HAVE A 7. Think about how many hands we're talking here on the entire spectrum.

Besides, any normal player with a 7 WILL NOT BET INTO ME. They will check-raise me. This further reduces his possible holdings.

What I'm more worried about is him having 2 heart and an overpair. By waiting for the turn, I give him self confidence on the flop, and he'll bet in and I'll trap him. If the card is majorly scary (like a king), I might raise and fold to the 3bet (or call fold turn UI with odds). If its a heart, I play for my outs.

I'm usually one to keep my cool when doing this stuff, but you guys are really testing me. If I posted this in the small stakes, I'd get a very different response, infact I'm tempted to do just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But earlier you said:

" think out of the possible BB hands (and there's a lot), another jack probably isn't a likely scenario. There's the same chance he has another 7 to be honest."

SO which one is it. YOu think he a 7 or you dont think he has a 7?
Old 04-15-2005, 06:22 PM

What the hell?

I don't think he has a 7, or a jack. I merely responded to your scenario where you said "oh what about a jack", so I put it to you that if he had a worse jack, we're going to make almost the same money.

But what about the other kajillion hands he probably has?

HE DOESNT HAVE A J OR A 7!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not a call call bet line, or conversely, calling until checked to, then betting. standard way ahead/ way behind line.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i was thinking

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the line would be more appropriate for a low pocket pair like 55. A great chance we have the best hand here, and we have a great chance of drawing to a better hand/trapping bets.