Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: If any of you are bored, come sweat me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a big fan of the hand when you raised to $40k and folded after the reraise. Congrats on the big payday.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a K9 steal. The all-in gave me slightly better than 3:2. So being liberal it's about an even money call. Therefore, I passed. I was better than everyone at that table, and I'm not taking a paper thin edge.

[/ QUOTE ]
After the other guy reraised allin there was almost $200k in the pot and you had just over 100k left. Maybe instead of raising to from 12k to 40k you could have just raised to 30k, I think it would accomplish the same thing without making you as pot committed. The fold did end up moving you up a spot.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So where did you end up then man.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

5th of 770.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a big fan of the hand when you raised to $40k and folded after the reraise. Congrats on the big payday.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a K9 steal. The all-in gave me slightly better than 3:2. So being liberal it's about an even money call. Therefore, I passed. I was better than everyone at that table, and I'm not taking a paper thin edge.

[/ QUOTE ]
After the other guy reraised allin there was almost $200k in the pot and you had just over 100k left. Maybe instead of raising to from 12k to 40k you could have just raised to 30k, I think it would accomplish the same thing without making you as pot committed. The fold did end up moving you up a spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I wasn't pot committed. I was getting just better than 3:2, as I said, to call. K9 vs his likely range probably had about 35% equity. Especially THAT particular guy, who was a High School Senior graduating today and was rooting like crazy for every big stack on the all-ins so he could move up spots. He wasn't going to risk 3/4 of his stack on a bluff.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:50 AM

Huh. Finished 9th tonight in a $30 625 man tournament. Maybe I'll play some higher buy-in MTTs....
Old 06-09-2005, 12:58 AM

Congratulations! Very nice job! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 01:01 AM

Ty. It's not much money. In fact, these multis combined don't match the many nights I've had playing $30 SNGs. But hey, it's helped my confidence in these.