Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Hand at crazy table

Table was nuts

UTG was 79/52
CO was 92/6
SB was 22/10/1

I believe that every one of my decisions was arguable.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

I usually raise here; I checked given the table.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Since I have 79/52 behind me, I went for the checkraise here.

Turn: (2 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

SB's checkraise doesn't necessarily tell me I'm behind here.

River: (10 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises

Looking at this now, I suppose this is just wrong. A relatively passive SB doesn't checkraise me on the turn w/worse than KQ.

</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls, Hero is in big trouble.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Hand at crazy table

Not raising preflop is a heinous crime against nature. I'm going to take a shower after writing this post. Merely looking at it burns my eyes.

I bet the flop. But since you didn't raise preflop, instead of it being just bad, it's what I expected.

The rest of the hand blows monkey turds because you underrepresented your hand and now you don't know what your opponents might play back at you with.

On the turn, not 3-betting given your read is atrocious. What is the point of waiting till the river? Are you trying to charge flush draws less? All the dead money dumped into the pot making you gunshy?

All that said, on the river I think you lose this hand very very often. Often enough for it to be a fold.

Krishan
Old 09-03-2005, 10:50 AM

I like to play straightforward post-flop poker against these opponents while adjusting to the game with more selective (not necessarily tighter) pre-flop decisions. In this hand, raise pre-flop, bet and reraise the flop and go from there.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:50 AM

Raise preflop. Bet the flop. Call down after getting check-raised on the turn. Fold the river when its capped back to you.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:52 AM

Yuck....I sincerely think you butchered this hand. "Given the table" I would go nuts with this hand right from the go. You need to raise for value preflop, looking for a chance to cap it. You played the hand like one of those who thinks AK is a drawing hand.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of the hand blows monkey turds because you underrepresented your hand and now you don't know what your opponents might play back at you with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Very important. Also notice how, instead of making the best decision on every street, you based your decisions somewhat on prior mistakes, compounding them. Reminded me of HOH I when he talks about players making a mistake calling preflop, then folding when its raised back to them, since they figure they can "correct" their previous mistake.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:13 AM

Wow I think you completely butchered this one.
Preflop is a MUST raise ESPECIALLY against this lineup (there is no lineup I wouldnt raise this though). On the flop you go for the likely CR to trap the whole field with your one pair. Even if it works out, its not better than betting since it fails to protect your hand.
Getting raised on the turn sucks, but SB might be bluffing a the boardpair. Pot is pretty small though because of your crimes earlier.
I also hate the river raise.If he doesnt have the 8, he fears it too. He wont pay off a bluff, 3bet a 8 and may even fold some legitimate hands since he is a TAG. Of course you cant call the cap on the river.