Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 12-21-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Made Flush, lots of action...

Anyone just limp third?
Should I have three-bet fifth, or the river?

7 Card Stud High ($3/$6), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.17 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.50 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.75 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.75 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls

River - (21.75 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___raises

Total pot: (27.75 BB)
Old 12-21-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Made Flush, lots of action...

Because your pair/straight cards are so dead, I think I would limp in on third.

With clubs so live and Seat 7’s hand so dead otherwise, I don’t think I 3-bet fifth.

I don’t get what’s going on with Seat 5 unless he hit trip sevens on fifth or is going ballistic with two pair.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:39 PM

Seat 5 has to have trip sevens or I don't know what he's doing (certainly in the realm of possibility he's just going off with two pair though) Or why he's calling the last river bet if he only has trips against what at worst appears to be a flush out of those hands.

River three bet could be a value bet since seat 5 is stuck and seat 7's apparent flush isn't necessarily ace high. But I might just call if I'm afraid seat 5 is going to fold to that raise.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:43 PM

I actually like how you played every street, including the river. With clubs live as hell, you gotta give seat 7 a flush, but you have a pretty big flush yourself (note however, that the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is unaccounted for). I think calling the raise is best b/c A) you're likely to get an overcall in the middle where he might fold his two pair or whatever for three bets; B) one bet from seat 5 pays the same as a fold from him and an addition bet from seat 7...all with the added benefit that you don't get reraised if seat 7 has a bigger flush. Note that if you get 4-bet here, you will have to call despite losing most of the time.

Overall, I like it all.

Jeff