Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2004, 09:20 PM

Default hansen gets lucky again.

Unbelievable how many times he makes a stupid play only to get his miracle card. Now I can't wait until his defenders all come on and say it really wasn't a bad play on his part because.... Say what you want he just got real lucky. period.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Re: hansen gets lucky again.

While you are defending Gus go ahead and think of one for his sucking out on Lederer.. He has to be the luckiest SOB in poker.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unbelievable how many times he makes a stupid play only to get his miracle card. Now I can't wait until his defenders all come on and say it really wasn't a bad play on his part because.... Say what you want he just got real lucky. period.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't frequent this part of the forum. So pardon me if this should be self evident. But, can you tell us what your refering to so we voice an opinion? What tourney, show or hand.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:42 PM

It's the Poker Superstars Invitational, on FSN that started at 9pm Eastern, and will have 13 episodes, airing each Sunday, with a finale on Super Bowl Sunday.

Kevin...
Old 08-15-2004, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't frequent this part of the forum. So pardon me if this should be self evident. But, can you tell us what your refering to so we voice an opinion? What tourney, show or hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about Fox's TOC which is on in most of the country as it's being typed. Of course, I'm not watching it b/c the wife is watching the god damn olympics, but thank god for TIVO.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:03 PM

Are you saying he's overrated?
Old 08-15-2004, 11:18 PM

I think he is saying he is god damn lucky.

Jesus those were beats so bad even he didnt want to admit to them.

Howard turned almost white when his bad beat hit. it was depressing.

The great thing about hte show though, is there will be many tournaments for these guys to show that htey can beat luck.

I got a bit of the espn vibe on this first episode unfortunately, but it looks like it will be 2 episodes per table so the next show should be entertaining.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:27 PM

I agree with you on the espn vibe, the crap about Doyle and his family was a waste of air time. Too many all-in hands, i was hoping for something more like Poker at the Plaza, where there were many hands that played through every street. What would have been the best would have been if they had showed every hand like at Turning Stone but i knew that wouldn't happen because it would too boring for the casual viewer. Overall it was ok, hope it gets better and they need fewer commercials, at point i think they only played one hand inbetween commercials.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:28 PM

does anyone know if there will be a rerun of this episode?
Old 08-15-2004, 11:29 PM

Yes i'm sure they will replay it tomorrow during the day or sometime this week during the day, FSN always does.