Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: playing against the \"I\'ve got aces\" reraise with a medium/small pa

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, okay then. You're right. Go about your business.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's a good point you made, I'm just making a counterpoint that it's not always as though they think you've got TPTK or an overpair.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: playing against the \"I\'ve got aces\" reraise with a medium/small pa

[ QUOTE ]
I enter every pot I'm involved in with a 3x raise if I'm first to enter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nurse Betty, get me a tourniquet quick. He's bleeding chips.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6-handed with deep stacks, this isn't so bad of an idea. We never really see these situations in 10-player STT's. Usually, if it gets 4-6 handed on Level 2, no one can adjust.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel as though everyone plays these pairs way too weakly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel as though you have mis-read the flames. To me it sounds like "everyone" (whatever that means) feels that raising "every" time you are first to enter a pot is -ev. come play at my table and I am likely to re-raise you from the co for t200 with 7,2o and then you have a tougher call. My guess is that you would call and as you will miss your set or flush or str8 most hands I will push on the flop after your throw in your continuation bet. Yes you will bust me sometimes, but mostly you will bleed chips. What's more you have now bled t200 or more. Now if you didn't raise "every" pot you entered I wouldn't be able to do this. Now if you limp 8,8 and I raise to t80 and you call. Now if you hit your set you will likely still stack me, but if you don't you have only bled t80. Moreover, I am not raising entering the hand as I have there is not real dead money (i.e. yours) so I fold my 7,2. My issue is with absolutes. If you do something "every" (or even nearly every) time you make it easy for us to read you.

just my thoughts.

Ryan

Just my thoughts, do with them what u want.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:58 PM

Correct, and I was saying he shouldn't raise with 88 if he doesn't know what to do in this position, to stop him getting in this position. Not that raising 88 is wrong per se. But the raising every time you enter is pretty nonsense, IMHO.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:04 PM

[quote}Yeah, but people see me as a loose-aggro player making a continuation bet with possibly nothing. People don't get me enough credit because I frequently am raising/betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

What level are you playing at? At most low levels, people are not going to be perceptive enough to notice what you are doing. They just simply play their hands.

I play the $33, and for the most part people don't notice that I play very few hands and I still often get paid off on my big hands despite what my image should be.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What level are you playing at? At most low levels, people are not going to be perceptive enough to notice what you are doing. They just simply play their hands.

I play the $33, and for the most part people don't notice that I play very few hands and I still often get paid off on my big hands despite what my image should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beleive this is a common misconseption. Most of the donks at the $33s and down play only one or two tables and they are in fact gonna notice that youre raising alot of pots and are gonna start spite-calling you. This is in most cases not what you want, if you dont _really_ know what you're doing, but in that case I doubt you would be at the $33's for very long anyways.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6-handed with deep stacks, this isn't so bad of an idea. We never really see these situations in 10-player STT's. Usually, if it gets 4-6 handed on Level 2, no one can adjust.

[/ QUOTE ]

6-handed with deep stacks IS a completely different structure. You have to be more aggressive.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I beleive this is a common misconseption. Most of the donks at the $33s and down play only one or two tables and they are in fact gonna notice that youre raising alot of pots and are gonna start spite-calling you. This is in most cases not what you want, if you dont _really_ know what you're doing, but in that case I doubt you would be at the $33's for very long anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't explain myself well enough. I agree that they are probably going to notice the guy raising a lot of pots. What, I was saying is that I'm a tight aggressive player and they tend not to notice that I haven't played a hand in two orbits. However, I still seem to get lots of action on my big hands.

My point was in response to the fact that the OP said that his LAG imagine gets him action, but I think you get that anyway at the 33s and down, so I don't take the risk of being a LAG when you still get paid of as TAG. That make sense?
Old 11-15-2005, 09:07 PM

lol this hand just came up. I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG/CO, 4 people left, round three. I have 1400 in chips. Blinds are 25,50. I raise 150. I've already established myself as a loose-aggro player who frequently makes bets and raises and people are starting to play back at me. Button calls, and the blinds fold.

Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I fire a bet of $150, he obviously has "call any" selected because he auto-calls. Turn is the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I bet 300, he calls. River 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, he goes all in, I call, he flips up AQ.